religion and bush

Guest ellas

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ellas

hmmm how can I say this,well he is very very religious,believes in the second coming and it will be in babylon which will be where the leader of the world will be and all the riches,paxman even suggested that was his reason for the invasion,amercian church are not happy with his america is good iraq evil theme as it gives the american people the impression that they are all good and of course like ever where you go you get good and bad people.

Guest ellas

I think the point of the newsnight special was to say how religion has so clouded his judgement,he really believes god is on his side and and that justifies everything,did nobody see this it was on early saturday night on bbc2 about 6 or 7

Scary.....nice link ,Hermit............................!

I wonder if the Iraqi minister of information will get a job in "New Labour" after the war...they could put him in charge of the press office.........................!

Seriously though ...I hope or troops get out soon........There is going to be a mess after the US decide that they have won...and withdraw...Too many factions fighting for the prize...With the lid kept on by the utter brutality of Saddam...But now the cork is off the bottle.....................

Guest ellas

yes war is serious but that Iraqi minister of information you have to smile at his view of the way the war is going :) or maybe hes telling the truth and we are being lied to :o

The second coming is due soon in the middle east...according to the Evangelicals ,so George is making sure that its the US who is going to be there to greet him...........................

Politics and religion don't mix...in either direction....................... It'll always bring out the worst in people...

Communism is dead..(remember the hysteria over McCarthyism and reds in the bed).don't have to look too far to see whats next.............

Saw something on the 1pm news today, that I thought was a bit unsafe .(not that being in a war zone is safe!).......A US A10 warthog ground attack aircraft shooting at a building in the middle of Baghdad with its 30 mm gatling..........................

Depleated uranium slugs in a built up civilian area....?

Its just not the land-mine that cause continual problems years later for the local population......

Guest Smiffy99

Depleated uranium slugs in a built up civilian area....?

Although the A10 Warthog is designed to be an Anti Tank / armored vehicle weapon, the ammunition that it carries would vary according to the targets it was actually seeking at the time. Being that the whole object was to attack targets in a built up area, there is no reason to suggest that they would actually have used depleted uranium ammunition but "normal" munitions of the same calibre.

Then again, would they care?