How macabre can you get?

andsome

The supposition is that we are supposed to be more civilised these days. I'm very surprised that some enterprising company did not come along and offer a good price for the television rights. A copy could then have been bought up by a British TV company and it could have gone out alongside things like Big brother or I'm a celebrity, or Little Britain.

Not new, there was a video on sale a few years ago showing assorted executions, claimed to be "Educational".

There were a series of mass execution programmes screened a couple of years ago, but these were claimed to be "News bulletins" and showed how wonderful the Bush and Blair combination was at organising the death of Iraqis.

The more this sort of stuff is seen the more people become inured to it, and the more it is accepted as "normality". This is why our country is becoming ever more lawless. It is all seen in graphic detail on the idiots lantern and is gradually accepted into "normality", (just as was public execution in the past).

Just what makes people want to watch an execution? I just wonder what makes these people tick. A good evenings entertainment?

The man (I use that word lightly) killed 4 people in cold blood. He started a gang of youths who kill, rape and steal from others.

His appeals carried over a span of 25 years. In each case the evidence and sentence was found to be valid. Up until the bitter end he never voiced any sorrow or asked forgiveness for his actions.

The people who watched the execution were either related to the victims or asked to serve as witnesses.

I doubt anyone found anything entertaining about it andsome.

After 25 years of appeals and rehearings, with each and every one coming down with the same conclusion on the findings and verdict, this SOB's life served no purpose other than to smell up the place.

So long Tookie. You have now met your maker. Is it a little hot down there? :harhar:

25 years....... there must of been a bit of doubt then :dry: sort of got stuck in a rut.

So long Tookie. You have now met your maker. Is it a little hot down there? :harhar:

Well that just about sums it all up nicely.

Yep, they are my feelings to a tee on the scumbag. I hope he rots in hell for eternity for what he did and for his lack of compassion to the victims and their families.

Pleased to see you cling on to your good Christian attitudes there, deuces wild.

How do you know what my values are other than these I just posted?

One can be a Christian and still believe in the death penalty.

So solly!

Bye, bye Tookie. :harhar:

BTW: Were any of you aware of this case before the planned execution was recently publicized? I doubt it....yet you are now internet experts on the case. :laugh:

"How do you know what my values are other than these I just posted?"

Previous postings have made your "values" quite clear. I stand by the sentiments of my posting - your own words condemn you and make it obvious that you do not understand the most basic tenets of Christianity. Goodnight and goodbye.

"How do you know what my values are other than these I just posted?"

Previous postings have made your "values" quite clear.

Really? Please explain what *my values* are as they apparently *quite clear* to you. . :wink:

Goodnight and goodbye.

Same to you beavis........... :biggrin: ...........but I do await your response.

BTW: Past responses of yours to my posts show that you rely on personal attacks vs. discussing the issue(s) when we disagree.

Feel free to disagree with me but address the issue at hand......just don't make it personal. Different strokes dude............learn to live with it. :biggrin: :tongue:

Got it? :happy:

When I started this thread, I was not wishing to make a point about the rights and wrongs of the death penalty. I was making a point about people actually wanting to watch it being carried out. No one was compelled to watch it. Many were journalists, and I would have serious doubts that their papers or TV/Radio channels compelled them to go. I still maintain that you have to be pretty weird to actually want to watch this spectacle. Let's forget the rights and wrongs of the case, and get back to the weird spectators. I wonder if they gave a round of applause at the end.