Wait until you are really ill

andsome

It now looks as though doctors will have to tell Alzheimer patients to wait until they are in a more advanced state of the disease, before they can be treated. Drugs used until now to treat the early stages are probably in future to be withheld until the disease advances. THE MIND BOGGLES. What next????????

Look here

Heart attack -> no treatment until the patient is blue, no detectable heart beat and has stopped breathing. Only then is resuscitation permitted. When sufficiently conscious (if ever) the patient is then quizzed about their lifestyle, weighed, a full dietary analysis made and the nicotine level in the blood measured. If everything is in order, further treatment may then be administered.

That'll cut a few quid from the NHS bill. They'll be able to buy in a few more adminstrative staff with the money saved.

Heart attack -> no treatment until the patient is blue, no detectable heart beat and has stopped breathing. Only then is resuscitation permitted. When sufficiently conscious (if ever) the patient is then quizzed about their lifestyle, weighed, a full dietary analysis made and the nicotine level in the blood measured. If everything is in order, further treatment may then be administered.

That'll cut a few quid from the NHS bill. They'll be able to buy in a few more adminstrative staff with the money saved.

It's what I've been trying to get across recently on this forum. Let's double the managers and halve the carers, that's the way to do it

Quote by Andsome

It's what I've been trying to get across recently on this forum. Let's double the managers and halve the carers, that's the way to do it

I thought they had allready done that.

I think they would like to do it again. I think the whole idea is that one in every two NHS workers will eventually be managers.

Sorry to be a bit picky old chum but surely there is no "J" :D

True, but it spoils the two faced allusion :P

PS apparently Anus was a Hittite sky god :blink: Perhaps that's why new labour think so much of him.

I believe there is a Northern Chinese people called the Anu. They are supposedly much more hirsute than the rest of the nation and are known as Hairy A... . Or so the story goes.

Re heart attack, did anybody note that the heart treatment given to the PM not so long ago is no longer available on the NHS.

Call him Janus.

Of course not, he's had his so sod the rest of us.

That's his attitude to all the situations in the UK, he has no idea how to even run a booze up in a brewery

he has no idea how to even run a booze up in a brewery

That's completely untrue, just look at the revisions to the licensing laws, running the worlds biggest piss up is the one thing they can do well, it will also be Tony's legacy and how he gets into the guiness book of records.

PS treatment of sclerotic livers and other alcohol related illnesses by the NHS need to be funded, and that may have something to do with the reduction of alzheimers medication prescriptions.

cynical old git ain't I ? Unfortunately not, alcohol related illness costs the NHS £200 Million no matter how well intentioned the incumbent government, the NHS budget isn't bottomless and the funds for the binge drinkers have to come from somewhere. Tony's loosening of the licensing laws is opposed by the police and the NHS, only Tony his cronies and the big boose companies think it's a good idea.

Tony's loosening of the licensing laws is opposed by the police and the NHS, only Tony his cronies and the big boose companies think it's a good idea.

Has anyone come up with the figure for loss of tax for Slopjaw? He will be desperate to recoupe it from somewhere.