I got this in my mail this morning

Oddly enough it came from someone in Dadyassa's neck of the woods.

This is an editorial written by a British citizen, published in a National newspaper He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITS MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on the 7th of the 7th we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits. However, the disgust about the attacks had

barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain, Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.

(The Danes, Romans etc.) However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to

our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of the Brits being a

multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britain's we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Indian, Urdu, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language

Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"Land of Hope & Glory" is our motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If the 'Union Jack' flag offends you, or you don't like our QUEEN, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our Laws give every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so!

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,our lifestyle our government, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great BRITISH freedom,

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

It is Time for Gt.Britain to Speak up

If you agree -- pass this along;

if you don't agree -- delete it!

anon..

AMEN

I think if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please

I must admit to being very low on sympathy for people who move here and then start criticising our culture, morality, society and or personal hygiene.

If you hate Britain that much, try France.

Though on the flip side, most of the PC complaining isn't from the minority groups, it's breast beating liberals who want to assume responsibility for the ills of the past few centuries. They assume that "Roll over play dead" will impress people. It does, but not the way they want, it impresses on them the lack of pride and moral fibre to be found it some areas of society. Pre-emptive unrequested surrender to a people who no matter what you think of them, have pride in their own cultures is patronising and immensely self destructive.

There are lots of things about this country that I would like to change, and it MY right to desire these changes as I am English(British). One of these changes would be to make it compulsory for immigrants to learn English at the first opportunity, and to respect OUR way of life. If I visit a Muslim country I would not expect to walk around in shorts and openly decry the Koran etc. Likewise I do not expect immigrants here to insist on doing things their way, they can always go back home if they don't like it here. Look at the trouble we have put up with, with hatred being preached by some Muslim clerics. There has been a lot of trouble with Asians insisting on forcing their children into arranged marriages. This is illegal here, and as such should not be tolerated. Also we respect the rights of animals here to be slaughtered for meat in as humane and pain free way as possible, and so Halal killing should be banned. Another thing that people in some inner city areas are expected to put up with, is loud speakers on Mosques belting out the call to prayer several times a day. I certainly would NOT appreciate this custom if it happened near to here. In this day and age most people carry a watch, so why can't they keep an eye on the time and pray when they wish to do so? Many Muslim countries won't even allow a Christian to carry a Bible into their country in his/her suitcase. The building of a Church by an ex pat British community would NOT be tolerated in most Muslim countries. By all means let us make welcome people who can make a valid contribution to our way of life, but let's have a bit of respect BOTH ways please. I certainly would NOT condemn Catgates thread as inflammatory rubbish, It is merely drawing attention to how much we put up with by the PC brigade.

So you decided to pass this inflammatory rubbish on?

Thos. :censored:

Not long ago there were comments on here concerning who should be authorised to pronounce someone a scumbag.

Would the same person also be empowered to classify what is inflammatory and what is not?

Perhaps, like beauty, it is all in the eye of the beholder. :unsure:

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag,our lifestyle our government, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great BRITISH freedom,

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Those are just a few of the words which explain why I think it inflammatory.

Not long ago there were comments on here concerning who should be authorised to pronounce someone a scumbag.

Would the same person also be empowered to classify what is inflammatory and what is not?

Perhaps, like beauty, it is all in the eye of the beholder. :unsure:

This is out of context. A comment was made that no one should be judgemental except perhaps about a "scumbag". I questioned, tongue in cheek, who could then judge anyone to be a scumbag.

Even the writer said if you agree, pass this on, if not delete it.

Thos.

Those are just a few of the words which explain why I think it inflammatory.

This is out of context. A comment was made that no one should be judgemental except perhaps about a "scumbag". I questioned, tongue in cheek, who could then judge anyone to be a scumbag.

Thos.

So I assume calling something 'inflammatory' it is non-judgemental ?

As for the extracts you quoted, for the life in me I can not see them as inflammatory. Would you go into a vegetarian restaurant and expect to be served oxtail soup? Would you join a tennis club and expect them to alter their ethos and rules, on your behalf, so that you could play rugby?

None of the things you mention are remotely comparable.

It is inflammatory to say that the huge immigrant population should "go home" if they do not believe in Christianity, our government or the other things mentioned.

As far as the "judgemental" aspect is concerned, I tried to explain my earlier comment but if you cannot accept that explanation, so be it.

Thos.

Thos

I sometimes empathise with your views - but this time we are poles apart. I find myself entirely in sympathy with catgate and andsome and can find little wrong with the sentiments expressed in the article. I received it a few months ago as an Email from an arab friend in the Middle east who thinks we are stark raving bonkers in allowing visitors to our country to so flagrantly abuse the priviliges we grant them.

I fear that we will eventually face a serious right wing backlash if as a community we fail to recognise what is happening to our Britsh society.

None of the things you mention are remotely comparable.

It is inflammatory to say that the huge immigrant population should "go home" if they do not believe in Christianity, our government or the other things mentioned.

As far as the "judgemental" aspect is concerned, I tried to explain my earlier comment but if you cannot accept that explanation, so be it.

Thos.

I for one did not say that the immigrant population should go home. What I am implying is that before immigrants are allowed in they should meet some basic requirements. They should agree that they should respect that this is Britain, and not say for the sake of argument Saudi Arabia or some other foreign country, and that in Britain, British law and rules and standards are the norm. Immigrants are free of course to practise their own religious beliefs and customs inside their own homes, but should NOT foist their beliefs upon us, this is after all OUR country, and they should not cause us a nuisance in following their beliefs, such as mentioned above. Very very many immigrants have added a lot to this country, and as such are welcomed by the majority of people. In Leicester for example when the Asians observe their festivals, ALL are welcome to go along and join in the festivities. Indians etc do not get involved in creating an unholy row several times a day to the annoyance of the locality, when it is prayer time. They are given planning permission to build their temples and those temples cause no bother to other races in the area. At one time there was a Muslim Mosque in Birmingham called The Saddam Hussein Mosque, just how inflammatory is that??? In places like Birmingham, Indian, Caribbean, Thai, Italian and French restaurants have added colour and interest to the community. Let's keep things in perspective. For several months during my national service in Germany, after coming home to get married, we rented a couple of rooms off a Dutch family just over the border with Germany. We respected the local traditions, and tried to join in the community, and as such were welcomed, and still keep in touch with the family. We would not have dreamt about complaining about things which were done differently there. YES, we did do our best with the language, not very successfully, because most of the locals wanted to practise their English on us.

Thos

I sometimes empathise with your views - but this time we are poles apart. I find myself entirely in sympathy with catgate and andsome and can find little wrong with the sentiments expressed in the article. I received it a few months ago as an Email from an arab friend in the Middle east who thinks we are stark raving bonkers in allowing visitors to our country to so flagrantly abuse the priviliges we grant them.

I fear that we will eventually face a serious right wing backlash if as a community we fail to recognise what is happening to our Britsh society.

Are you telling me that those immigrants living and working here should "go home" if they don't believe in christianity or our government? I must be going bonkers if that is a generally accepted view.

Thos.

Thos

Are you telling me that those immigrants living and working here should "go home" if they don't believe in christianity or our government? I must be going bonkers if that is a generally accepted view.

Thos.

I don't think that that has been implied at all. Immigrants who work here and contribute to our society are welcomed by most people. It is the scroungers, who have no intention of trying to integrate, work, learn the language, and respect OUR ways in our own country, who should never be allowed in in the first instance. Those who break our laws should NOT be imprisoned here at our expense, but should be shipped off home at the first opportunity. Just think how much less we would spend, and how much more room there would be in our prisons, if the 10,000 foreign criminals in our jails had been sent straight home.