The words Kettle, Fryingpan and Black

Corruption...They're "nobbut larners".

I don't know.

If what I read is correct, the corruption is far beyond what catgate has in mind. I would be interested in what Korgg has to contribute on the situation in Romania, if he so wishes.

Thos.

If what I read is correct, the corruption is far beyond what catgate has in mind. I would be interested in what Korgg has to contribute on the situation in Romania, if he so wishes.

Thos.

What I have in mind is the way the billions are continually poured into the EU and the fact that for the past, goodness knows how many, years the EU auditors have refused to sign the accounts. But yet the great ship of state proudly sails on, and has the audacity to find fault with others.

Saw some of this on the news, from what some people were saying, the problems endemic and way beyond what even the nest feathering eurocrats are willing to put up with. The impression I got was that even your average banana republic would have second thoughts before asking Bulgaria to join them in any enterprise.

How I wish we would get the hell put of the EU. Thousands of the Brussels and Strasbourg elite are making millions at our expense, including our own lot, some famous names come to mind. Such as Mandelson, Kinnock the Welsh windbag and his wife, Leon Brittan, etc etc. As has been said, the auditors won't sign the accounts, and yet we pour billions into it year in and year out. It has been calculated that for every £1 that this corrupt machine pays for projects in Britain, we spend £1.67. We MUST be barmy.

How I wish we would get the hell put of the EU. Thousands of the Brussels and Strasbourg elite are making millions at our expense, including our own lot, some famous names come to mind. Such as Mandelson, Kinnock the Welsh windbag and his wife, Leon Brittan, etc etc. As has been said, the auditors won't sign the accounts, and yet we pour billions into it year in and year out. It has been calculated that for every £1 that this corrupt machine pays for projects in Britain, we spend £1.67. We MUST be barmy.

Do you seriously think you are going to change anyone's way of thinking with your constant tirade about the present government, the Eu, global warming etc?

Do you seriously think you are going to change anyone's way of thinking with your constant tirade about the present government, the Eu, global warming etc?

No of course not, but I am just as entitled as you or anyone else to express an opinion. I am not the only one on here to wish that we were out of Europe. Why don't you get aggressive with the starter of the topic? As the topic is here, I feel that I am entitled to participate in it. If you don't like that then why join in? I have not yet seen a post supportive of Europe in this thread, so why choose mine to object to? You have obviously got a bee in your bonnet. There. now I have got aggressive too. I can bite back if I feel so inclined. People will always disagree on politics, but there is NO need to be unpleasant about it.

Saw some of this on the news, from what some people were saying, the problems endemic and way beyond what even the nest feathering eurocrats are willing to put up with. The impression I got was that even your average banana republic would have second thoughts before asking Bulgaria to join them in any enterprise.

Yes. That is exactly what I had in mind when I posted earlier. The EC gravy train is a major problem but the sort of day to day corruption for everyday living which seems to be prevalent in Bulgaria and Romania must hit the ordinary citizen hard And, in turn, it then breeds more corruption as it becomes a way of life.

Thos.

I think the point here is not the major excesses of world wide corruption but the day to day problems in states applying for membership of the EU. Everyday life is affected as I understand it. Police routinely expect bribes, as do teachers in order to get things for the children. Nurses etc in hospitals, even bribes for driving licences and transport.

It is this sort of thing, probably paling into insignificance compared to import/export contract bribery, but impacting in a far greater way on poor peoples lives, which has to be dealt with.

Thos.

http://www.itv.com/news/index_1291326.html

Ten years to deport illegal immigrants

10.52AM, Thu May 18 2006

The backlog of illegal immigrants in Britain could take ten years to clear, a Government minister has said.

Immigration minister Tony McNulty says there may be more 500,000 in the country and said the problems began when the Conservatives were in power.

I'm very pleased to see that the root cause has been found, and it is no longer possible to attribute it to Tony and his bunch of lovable rogues.

http://www.itv.com/news/index_1291326.html

Ten years to deport illegal immigrants

10.52AM, Thu May 18 2006

The backlog of illegal immigrants in Britain could take ten years to clear, a Government minister has said.

Immigration minister Tony McNulty says there may be more 500,000 in the country and said the problems began when the Conservatives were in power.

I'm very pleased to see that the root cause has been found, and it is no longer possible to attribute it to Tony and his bunch of lovable rogues.

Passing The BUCK I believe... :P :P

What a funny old world it has developed into. :(

Gone are the days of 'Heartbeat" and the village copper doing his rounds and all the folk have generations of ancestors buried in the local cemetery. :censored:

If yours (police) are anything like ours, only get seen working speed camera's and threatening the innocent who defend their homes and families and 'injure' the poor criminal who broke in to rape and pillage.

As for illegals, I had to have a laugh when the UK Home "Secretary admitted he had 'lost' over 1000 foreign prisoners released from gaol, and who should then have been deported but were let out to 'disappear' into the wider community. Not funny.

Out Government is no better - recently 'lost' a soldiers body returning from Iraq and then made it worse by losing the report by the leaving a disc in a computer at Melbourne Airport by a female Brigadier with the details of inquiry into how it happened. Inept to say the least.

We have this debate re ID cards going again too, due to many illegals and visa overstayers working in our community and they have no problem getting a tax file number to work as no checks are made here either on their residential status.

Sometimes I wonder if as our Government is made up of many Lawyers - they are just creating work for their professions, as they seem to have got the whole law working on the side of the criminal and to maximise the income of the legal world.

So dont worry - its happening all over the western world.

B)

B)

I wonder if this is the real objective of Globalisation. Create a world where crime is the norm and then politicians would just blend into the background...simple.

B)

I wonder if this is the real objective of Globalisation. Create a world where crime is the norm and then politicians would just blend into the background...simple.

I would have thought most of our politicians would blend into any criminal background the way they act at the present. :censored:

B)

I would have thought most of our politicians would blend into any criminal background the way they act at the present. :censored:

Most of ours and most of everyone else's.