Dell Support

I thought I had seen the worst customer service in the universe until I tried to get help from Dell. Their phone and chat service is abysmal. Everyone I talked to or chatted with was in India. In addition to the communication problem, no one had the authority to help me and had to transfer to someone else while I was on hold from Hell. Their telephone help menu (if you can ever find a number to call) is incredibly bad!!!!!!!!!! Is anyone from Dell listening???? I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER DELL PRODUCT!!!!!!!!! I AM SO DIGUSTED THAT I COULD SPIT!!!!!!!!!!!! This was truely a nightmarish experience. After more than six phone calls and multiple attempts at chat, I never recieved help. I was stupid enough to purchase a year's service for my Dell computer for $219. Today I recieved an e-mail that they are crediting my card with $79. I cancelled the service after one day. They promised a full refund for cancellation after 3 days. My head is spinning. Is this any way to do business? Who is running this company? Highly paid idiots with big stock options, salaries, and perks. My dog could do better.

I agree! It seems many places are like this nowadays. Customer support for me is the internet now. I would never pay for it. I can't tell you the amount of times my computer has dropped its ip and when calling for tech support its like talking to an automated machine. They simply waste my time with nonsense, not including when I can understand what they are saying. I'm a polite person so I listen but what I really want to say to them is :censored::censored::censored: ! ah thank you

but yeah that is pretty messed up because your paying that much for their support, while their outsourcing to make it cheaper on them yet your the one buying their equipment. I would be mad too!

I feel sorry for you man. My friend had a similar experience as you with Dell. He called them to see what type of ram he had in his PC and they kept bull sh*ting him on what type he had and ened up spending well over $100 on the wrong ram -_-

It is because of this and other instances that I now have a stock reply in My Documents, to people who are considering a new computer. My son in law had similar treatment from Evesham. If you cannot build your own or find a friend who will do it, visit a local computer builder and discuss your requirements with him/her. I really do feel for you, and others in similar situations.

By the way... I found a great little prog that will help you get rid of the pre-installed rubbish that comes with a Dell computer... See my blog for details

Thanks for that link nel :flowers:

I wish I'd have found that piece of s/w when I received my laptop as it does take ages to get all the rubbish that comes pre-installed with a Dell.

Sad but true, if you want to boost the performance of virtually any new PC, reformat and add what you want. Not what the manufacturers think you want or are sponsored to add. Assuming the reload disk isn't predisposed to putting all the crud back on. An OEM XP copy may seem an expensive addition, but in some cases it's worth it.

That said I've always confined my contacts with Dell to e-mail and they've been very good.

Anybody know why people from Indian call centres keep trying to convince you their names are Brian or Peter, maybe they've assumed we're incapable of pronouncing their actual names, but it does have a credibility gap.

When my computer was delivered, it had only the OS and drivers installed. Everything else has been installed by me and is my own choice. Naturally I also received a full installation CD. I cannot understand how people can be deceived so easily into thinking that all the crud that is installed by these suppliers is free software worth a small fortune. Just look at their adverts. Free this, free that and also a free kitchen sink. free humbug is what they really mean.

True andsome, its like preinstalled ad-ware. Does AOL have stuff everywhere in the UK? I'm in the US and a lot of our stores have tons of free internet for so long AOL cds. We have aol comercials all over and oem computers I've bought have had aol crap already on it. Their everywhere and its been a nuisance.

True andsome, its like preinstalled ad-ware. Does AOL have stuff everywhere in the UK? I'm in the US and a lot of our stores have tons of free internet for so long AOL cds. We have aol comercials all over and oem computers I've bought have had aol crap already on it. Their everywhere and its been a nuisance.

I'm lucky in that my INTERNET connection is software free. I just have to create an account in Outlook Express, and configure the INTERNET connection by hand.

• 9 months later...