8- Portugese (Continental)

9- Russian

10- Spanish (LA)

11- Spanish (Spain)

12- Swedish

13- Turkish

* New! Added an optional system tray icon animation

* Improved! The activation does not require the user to activate the license

* Improved! Self defense : COMODO Firewall now verifies the digital signature of its own applications

* Improved! Application connections breakdown(In/Out traffic with correct traffic amounts)

* Improved! Reduced the false positive rates for the application behavior analysis

* Improved! Removed Non-TCP/UDP connection alerts until version 3.0

* Improved! DHCP stateful analysis : added MAC address verification for the DHCP server

* Fixed! Temporary 100% CPU utilization of Cmdagent.exe

* Fixed! Some incompatibility problems with various applications(SSM, Avast etc.)

* Fixed! Some folders were locked by the firewall causing unmounting problems

* Fixed! Few bugs reported through COMODO Bug Collection system

* Fixed! Few bugs which can cause DoS attacks against the firewall

Some Known Issues

* In some languages, Exporting logs to HTML does not work properly

* Help files are still in English except for Hungarian, Portuguese, Spanish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

COMODO Firewall 3.0

What's New?

• Host Intrusion Prevention System - locks down access to system critical files and blocks malware before it ever has a chance to install
  • Clean PC Mode - Patent-pending feature profiles all applications in new PC and registers them as "safe". Then, only applications that you approve can be installed onto your PC.
  • Advanced Network Firewall Engine - safeguards your data from identity thieves by stopping malicious programs from connecting to the internet
  • Application Behavior Analysis - analyzes each application's behavior and detects any suspicious activity before allowing internet access.
  • Smart alerts - Every alert includes a Security Consideration section with clear advice on how to react.
  • White list of nearly one million trusted applications

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

P.S. The installer will automatically uninstall earlier versions of COMODO.

P.P.S. I was unable to bring up Windows after installing COMODO 3.0. Fortunately I had a full backup, but I was able to uninstall it from Safe Mode, thus avoiding a restore.

COMODO Firewall 3.0

P.P.S. I was unable to bring up Windows after installing COMODO 3.0. Fortunately I had a full backup, but I was able to uninstall it from Safe Mode, thus avoiding a restore.

That's a bit of a shock. Are we all going to have this happen if we upgrade, and does that mean you've now uninstalled it? Also, is this upgrade for the free version (which I have) or the paid version or both?

COMODO Firewall 3.0

That's a bit of a shock. Are we all going to have this happen if we upgrade, and does that mean you've now uninstalled it? Also, is this upgrade for the free version (which I have) or the paid version or both?
Same statement and query from me. :flowers:

I run Comodo free firewall on my other computer, and have had no updates.

When I opened the Comodo interface up and clicked update, it said there were no updates available as I already have the latest ones.

On clicking about it came up with this.

Version 2.4.18.184.

Comodo certified applications database Version 3.

Subscription validity Lifetime

License type Full

Pat willeners link takes you to the free verion.

I installed the new version and it gave two options, 1. firewall + defense 2. Firewall.

I installed option 1, and what a nightmare.

I tried to install a game amd every time it tried to alter a registry setting or run a part of the exe file it produced a pop up asking me to allow it (in all 46 pop ups, worse than UAC in Vista)

So I uninstalled it and just went for option two and no problems now.

Thanks for telling us about that, Alan2273. Forewarned is forearmed, as they say. This seems to reflect an increasing trend these days where perfectly good software is "improved", only to go over the top by including unnecessary features that cause all sorts of other problems. Still, at least, with Comodo's new version we have a choice.

:flowers:

I had the same trouble with pop-ups, so went to the Comodo Forum and found this which seems to work for me -

"You need to select "Treat this app as an Installer" without remembering and it will ask you to go into install mode. Then when the install is done it will pop up a window to ask you if you want to quit install mode and go back to your regular settings. Install mode doesn't give you any popups while a program is being installed. I like this feature.

The other way if you check to remember it is only for that one combination of files or process that it is doing at the time that it is asking about and it will continue to ask you for each combo which could be many. Install mode bypasses all of that."

Casey

"Gizmo" Richards (here) in his monthly newsletter says that though he uses the Comodo firewall on some of his computers, earlier releases of previous versions have been troublesome. So he suggests that readers hold off for a couple of months until the bugs are sorted out. So I think that's what I'll do. I hope those who have downloaded it will keep the rest of us informed of any problems - as some have already done in earlier posts.

:flowers:

I am still trying Nod 32 Security suite, and am still very pleased with it. It remembers its instructions far better than either Comodo or Zone Alarm. When my 30 day free trial has expired I will almost certainly take advantage of my discount and upgrade my Nod 32 AV to the full security suite. A Shields up scan shows 100% secure.

3.gif

I got the COMODO Firewall v3 working!

I did two things after another installation attempt, before rebooting:

1. Launch the firewall from the desktop icon, and define three network zones: Ⓐ 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255, Ⓑ 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255, Ⓒ 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
  2. Run 'Check for Updates', which downloaded a large update, then requested a reboot.

After this, the reboot completed successfully. As I am inside a corporate network and need to login to a network domain, I thought defining the above private networks may resolve the hang during the reboot. I will probably never know if it was these network definitions or the update that resolved the problem. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, I bought the Nod 32 full security suite several days ago, having been more than satisfied with the trial. Definitely the best thing I have done on the computer. Far less intrusive than either Zone Alarm or Comodo. One warning is enough, and it then remembers. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Comodo Firewall Pro v3.0.24.368

The new version of the Comodo Firewall contains a number of very new features giving even more rigorous control of what comes in and goes out, but that doesn't make it difficult to use. It also has some none-firewall "extras" (like their own browser and site monitoring tools) that you may not want, but these are clearly flagged up and you just have to uncheck the boxes if you don't want them. The new version can't be installed till the old one is uninstalled, which happens as part of the process.

P.S. and there's still a free version.

It has come to my attention that the Comodo Firewall now also includes the dreaded Ask! Toolbar. For details see http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?showtopic=16661 and the various external links provided in there.

Although the toolbar is optional (you have to uncheck it during the installation), it is the same toolbar that ZoneAlarm has also seen fitting into their firewall!

I will continue to provide update information here, but I can no longer endorse this software!