One of the best HDD utilities is free

-pops-

For SEAGATE and MAXTOR drives:

EVERY HARD DRIVE manufacturer usually offers some piece of software that will ease the moving of stuff between the drives, but also proves a good backup tool.

Usually, the hard drive manufacturers team up with utility makers and offer baseline features. Until now, that is.

Seagate has released a version of Disc Wizard and Maxtor's Max Blast 5, but what makes these utilities highly on the "me want" list is the fact that both are based on the OEM version of the excellent True Image app. Disc Wizard and Max Blast utilities now offer a plethora of options that give people options previously offered only by commercial applications. Disc Wizard/Max Blast feature disk drive cloning, full disk imaging, formatting drives, creating partitions, erasing all the data on the drive - for the best price of them all.

From click here.

Click on the link and follow the page down to find the software downloads.

I should mention that my son told me about this - he saw it at the other place posted by Topcat.

For SEAGATE and MAXTOR drives:

EVERY HARD DRIVE manufacturer usually offers some piece of software that will ease the moving of stuff between the drives, but also proves a good backup tool.

Usually, the hard drive manufacturers team up with utility makers and offer baseline features. Until now, that is.

Seagate has released a version of Disc Wizard and Maxtor's Max Blast 5, but what makes these utilities highly on the "me want" list is the fact that both are based on the OEM version of the excellent True Image app. Disc Wizard and Max Blast utilities now offer a plethora of options that give people options previously offered only by commercial applications. Disc Wizard/Max Blast feature disk drive cloning, full disk imaging, formatting drives, creating partitions, erasing all the data on the drive - for the best price of them all.

From click here.

Click on the link and follow the page down to find the software downloads.

I should mention that my son told me about this - he saw it at the other place posted by Topcat.

What...."other place"...? Have I been kept in the dark?...Have you all been holding out on me? :huh:

Several members here, including myself, have been banned from "the other place". My son is still allowed there and makes occasional postings. It was he who pointed me to the link above.

Usually if you upset God (at least he thinks he is) or his archangel, which is apparently very easy.
Looks like I'm going to have to join....if only to upset them!!!! :devil:
Good on ya... Go for it!! :D

Meanwhile, back on topic :rolleyes:

Tried the disc wizard (few heart stopping moments during cloning)

It seems to have cloned ok although it has renamed my cd drive as J & given it a camera card icon

Takes about the same time to clone as norton ghost but is started off in xp & not from a floppy or cd as ghost does.

Downside it takes about 100 meg on the hard drive whereas ghost works from a floppy.

Have not tried its other features yet

Thanks for the info