No paging file??

Irene

During a re-boot a short while ago, a message appeared which said,

"Your system has no paging file, or the paging file is too small". :blink:

It went on to say to go in System etc and type in an initial or maximum paging size. When I went there, this is how it looked. (Oh forgot to mention that as I went in, another message said that it had been resized - which I presume was by Windows).

I seem to recall that there was some sort of link with the anount of RAM installed. Is the amount shown in the file OK, or do I need to change it at all? :unsure:

If you take a look at the 'Currently Allocated' (bottom line) you will see that it is '0'. There is no allocated size set. Try checking the box that says ' System Managed size' do a restart and see how you get on from there.

If you take a look at the 'Currently Allocated' (bottom line) you will see that it is '0'. There is no allocated size set. Try checking the box that says ' System Managed size' do a restart and see how you get on from there.
OK thanks. :flowers: I'll let you know how I get on.

I don't know what happened anyway. :huh:

OK thanks. :flowers: I'll let you know how I get on.

I don't know what happened anyway. :huh:

It's probably just one of those daft Windows things Irene. It's OK the night you switch it of, totally changed the next day when you switch back on. :D

It's probably just one of those daft Windows things Irene. It's OK the night you switch it of, totally changed the next day when you switch back on. :D

Like mine yesterday/today.

I read your post on the drive pops. It sounds typical of a Windows OS machine.

All seems OK now. :) Time will tell, I supose.

What operating system are you running on Gandalph?

XP with SP2. It seems to behave itself apart from the odd glitch now and again. e.g. I have got the system font set up for Arial 12 point, there is an odd time or three when I start it up it has a habit of reverting to Tahoma 10 point for some strange reason. I live on in hope. :lol:

XP with SP2. It seems to behave itself apart from the odd glitch now and again. e.g. I have got the system font set up for Arial 12 point, there is an odd time or three when I start it up it has a habit of reverting to Tahoma 10 point for some strange reason. I live on in hope. :lol:
:D Still coasting along...

Hope all will be well when I boot-up tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I am running on XP SP2.

Don't think I'll consider Vista until I need to replace my computer.

It concerns me about drivers for my favoured programs.

A bit late to teach an old dog new tricks? :)

:D Still coasting along...

Hope all will be well when I boot-up tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I am running on XP SP2.

Don't think I'll consider Vista until I need to replace my computer.

It concerns me about drivers for my favoured programs.

A bit late to teach an old dog new tricks? :)

It took me 3 and a half years after XP came out for me to change from 98se. If it takes me as long to go over to Vista I think the next OS will have already come out. :D

It took me 3 and a half years after XP came out for me to change from 98se. If it takes me as long to go over to Vista I think the next OS will have already come out. :D

I've built a couple of Vista machines for my son's business. There is little or nothing I've seen that inspires me to dump XP in favour of Vista so I think it will be a miss for me as well.

My son is similarly unimpressed and is sticking mainly with XP. He only wanted Vista to be able to tell clients that he's using the latest computer technology.