Cheapest .com website?

Panarchy

Hello!

I want to buy a website (one that I can edit the frontend & backend) and one that will be configurable with Dreamweaver.

I want to buy a website for 1 year.

A .com site.

What is the cheapest site?

(I want to be able to chose my own domain)

I need hosting and domain name.

Please reply!

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

You need a provider based in the country you are in - which I know is not the UK, where most of the expertise here resides.

For my own web sites I use heart Internet http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/ (I know this gets a red score with McAfee Site Advisor but they are well known and reliable).

Search local computer magazines for recommendations.

I know you're Australia so it would be easier you you to search out a hosting service than expect people several thousand miles away to do it for you.

From the way you have worded your original question:

I want to buy a website (one that I can edit the frontend & backend) and one that will be configurable with Dreamweaver.

I want to buy a website for 1 year.

A .com site.

it is obvious that you need to find out a lot more about about what you are wanting to do - which a good hosting service will offer you.

Okay, thanks for your suggestions.

The best that I have seen so far is bluehost (www.bluehost.com)

It just seems to have everything & anything I could ever possible need!

:D

Panarchy

PS: Do you think that is a good choice?

PPS: Maybe registering my domain under godaddy?

I need a site with hosting that will offer;

User/Admin file upload

Java (for IRC)

PHP

Python

HTML (of course!)

ASPX

Flash

Wikipedia (eg /wiki)

The closest I have found to this is BlueHost, offering all except ASPX & Java.

But I would find it better if there was one that offered all of the above (and good traffic)

Please suggest!

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Day There

I have been hosting myself with New Generation Hosting (http://www.ngh.in) from 3 years after i moved away from GoDaddy, thanks to their Control Panel which sucks hard. Here i get domains at 7.95 now as i register many domains with them and also have cPanel 11 for me :) Their support is also good with live support at most of the times.

P.S: I love my localhost better than any Web Host as i have my choice of setting the ports and choosing the domains (ofcourse not real www domains though) :P

• 3 months later...

I agree, BlueHost has been a wicked web host for me as well. Hostmonster.com and Hostgator are also very good for web hosting both with excellent quality hosting and excellent support.

But since you asked about your own .com, Godaddy's 6.95 per year price cannot be beat easily. Just please oh god don't fall victom to signing up for any of their stuff while going through checkout. Add the domain to your cart, use the 6.95 coupon (search google for '6.95 godaddy coupon'), there are tons of them and once you got the domain in your cart, make sure not to "ADD" anything else, buy the domain and scroll to the bottom (way past all of their offers) and checkout and PAY the 6.95!

lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You'd be better off asking Google...

Australian Google

Well not ASKING google, but you know. And before registering with the host, search their compatibility list which just about every web host has and needs, and then make your own list of the ones which you think would be best for you, then choose from your little list.

• 2 weeks later...

What is it...$9 for a domain name at godaddy? Cheaper for .info, etc.

I have been hosting either on my own web servers or with ICDSoft for years -- can't be beat. Ask around - support at ICDSoft is second to none and downtime is negligible. All of my clients agree to host there (or, again, on my web servers) and none have ever had a complaint. Mostly ecommerce sites.

$6 a month at ICDSoft and the only thing you don't get is ssh - but really, you don't need that. I pay less though because when you renew it's for less loot.

• 2 weeks later...
You need a provider based in the country you are in - which I know is not the UK, where most of the expertise here resides.

For my own web sites I use heart Internet http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/ (I know this gets a red score with McAfee Site Advisor but they are well known and reliable).

Search local computer magazines for recommendations.

hey hi

cheap broadband providers and voip service provider in the uk, with high speed ADSL and cableminternet services including e-mail and lots more with special offers click here for more...

http://www.broadband-uk-providers.com