90th Birthday

catgate

Why did Nelson Mandela come to see Gordon Brown for his 90th birthday. Surely he could have found somewhere more agreeable, after all you would think he would like to feel comfortable, and not surrounded by insufferable undeserved egos.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that he was expecting to be made Lord Nelson and be given some overseas aid money.

I watched the concert and to me, every time it showed Gordon waffling away to Nelson, he looked bored to death. I saw him adjusting his hearing-aid :D

Did you like the sharp intake of breath and suck of the bottom lip too? :lol:

I feel fortunate to have lived during the lifetime of Nelson Mandela. What a wonderful example of selfless determination, wisdom and foregiveness. :flowers:

Somehow, Gordon Brown doesn't inspire me in the same way. I'm not sure that even Bob Geldorf can help GB at this stage. I thought this article (TIMES ON LINE) quite perceptive, but somehow I think it's all too late now. The Titanic has struck the iceberg, the passengers & crew are leaping into the lifeboats, but the captain remains on the bridge: "What iceberg? I see no icebergs.." :huh:

I feel fortunate to have lived during the lifetime of Nelson Mandela. What a wonderful example of selfless determination, wisdom and foregiveness. :flowers:

Somehow, Gordon Brown doesn't inspire me in the same way. I'm not sure that even Bob Geldorf can help GB at this stage. I thought this article (TIMES ON LINE) quite perceptive, but somehow I think it's all too late now. The Titanic has struck the iceberg, the passengers & crew are leaping into the lifeboats, but the captain remains on the bridge: "What iceberg? I see no icebergs.." :huh:

Exactly. I said a while ago that Blair had deserted a sinking ship :huh: