Labour and its public transport policy

Despite successfully taxing car drivers into the poor house, fat Gordo and his crew have singularly failed to come up with a viable alternative.

Check out the latest on their rail program

Ruth Kelly has failed to deliver a single new carriage. Indeed, she has failed to even order the vast majority of them,
commuters were – pound for pound – allocated less space than the legal EU minimum for cattle sheep and poultry.

I presume that she had to form a committee to decide what precisely a railway carriage is as I doubt that chauffeur driven crew have ever seen one, let alone ridden one.

And Defra is far to busy taking a micrometer to kiwi fruit to bother with insignificant stuff like inadequate flood defences or the loss of honey bees which just happen to be necessary if the crops are to be pollinated. I rest at night reassured that I'm protected from the horror of Kiwi fruit that are 1mm below the statutory guidelines by these bureaucratic numpties.

Despite successfully taxing car drivers into the poor house, fat Gordo and his crew have singularly failed to come up with a viable alternative.

Check out the latest on their rail program

Ruth Kelly has failed to deliver a single new carriage. Indeed, she has failed to even order the vast majority of them,
commuters were – pound for pound – allocated less space than the legal EU minimum for cattle sheep and poultry.

I presume that she had to form a committee to decide what precisely a railway carriage is as I doubt that chauffeur driven crew have ever seen one, let alone ridden one.

And Defra is far to busy taking a micrometer to kiwi fruit to bother with insignificant stuff like inadequate flood defences or the loss of honey bees which just happen to be necessary if the crops are to be pollinated. I rest at night reassured that I'm protected from the horror of Kiwi fruit that are 1mm below the statutory guidelines by these bureaucratic numpties.

How can anyone want to vote Lib dem when they want to take us even deeper into the STUPID club called Europe?

Is anyone surprised? A brewery and a drunken orgy come to mind.

Oh dear! When will people realise that it is not possible to have new aircraft carriers (to fight wars that are none of our business), pay billions into harebrained PFI schemes, create a generation of illiterate school leavers, cause hospitals to have to be closed for being disease ridden, support MPs who are fleecing the country AND have railway that are "fit for purpose".

It is a most unreasonable expectation. Something must be sacrificed.

Oh dear! When will people realise that it is not possible to have new aircraft carriers (to fight wars that are none of our business), pay billions into harebrained PFI schemes, create a generation of illiterate school leavers, cause hospitals to have to be closed for being disease ridden, support MPs who are fleecing the country AND have railway that are "fit for purpose".

It is a most unreasonable expectation. Something must be sacrificed.

Delusions of grandeur.