Gordon Brown breaks record for new laws

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...r-new-laws.html

Perhaps he's legislating before he's kicked out of office in 2 years time :D

Gordon Brown has introduced 2,823 laws during his first year in office, the highest rate for new legislation by anyone at No 10. He set his record despite repeated promises to cut red tape.

I reckon all his laws should be printed on stiff cardboard and then rolled up tightly and inserted, as vigorously as possible, into the orifice in his body which would give him the maximum discomfort. Then be withdrawn and then be reinserted, x1000. Then sealed in with superglue.

How many of the laws were to do with nanny state? Also, how many were at the behest of Europe? :D

Quite a few no doubt :(

Talking of useless legislation...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/226...ntal-costs.html

The price of meat, milk and other British farm products will have to rise to reflect the environmental cost of producing them, a government study has concluded.

A Cabinet Office review of food policy suggests that farmers and consumers should pay extra for farm goods that generate large amounts of greenhouse gases such as methane and nitrous oxide.

This at a time when consumers are already getting squeezed mind you it's only a government study so far so perhaps this won't become law and I hope so because....

The proposal, the latest in a string of "green" plans that threaten to increase the cost of living, drew accusations that ministers were imposing taxes and regulations in the name of environmental policy.

More stealth taxes! :blink:

It should also be noted that Fat Gordo, the chief planet saving emission cutting hypocrite and his trough stuffing crew, flew to Japan in a plane hired from an American company, a plane that had to fly half way round the world empty before the crew of smarmy gits could climb aboard for this five star junket. How's that for cutting your carbon footprint. I have no doubt it's cheaper to hire a plane full of fuel at American prices than it is to hire one filled with hyper taxed UK fuel, but whose fault is that.

I wonder if bin Laden could be persuaded to assassinate a few cabinet members instead of random innocents, do wonders for his PR.

Fat Gordo will be known by history as

"Mr do what I say, not what I do"

Just wait till he sends for his chauffeur and is told he'll have to walk as the companies gone bust.

I'm not giving anybody the impression I don't like the man am I ?

I'd hate to be thought of as prejudiced, simply because the guys a two faced, incompetent, pension raiding, profligate, stealth taxing, arsewipe who's done more damage to Britain than the Luftwaffe. A low life scum sucking creep who's committed our forces to war on two fronts but still tries to do it on the cheap, we don't even have a full time Secretary of State for Defence, just the part time Des Browne MP who's doing an equally crap job ensuring the SNP get to run Scotland.

A man ( and I use the term advisedly) who despite his promises, just continues to load the statute books with incomprehensible laws designed to criminalise the law abiding. Then ensures that the poor boobs who are supposed to enforce this mess are weighed down with dozens of forms and reports that mean nothing and will never be read. And to cap it all reneges on their pay agreement while ensuring that he and his ilk are not affected by any similar fiscal restraints on the wage or expenses front.

He should be doing time, if only he hadn't failed to build more prisons when they ran out of space all those years ago.

Fat Gordo will be known by history as
"Mr do what I say, not what I do"

Just wait till he sends for his chauffeur and is told he'll have to walk as the companies gone bust.

I'm not giving anybody the impression I don't like the man am I ?

I'd hate to be thought of as prejudiced, simply because the guys a two faced, incompetent, pension raiding, profligate, ....................affected by any similar fiscal restraints on the wage or expenses front.

He should be doing time, if only he hadn't failed to build more prisons when they ran out of space all those years ago.

It's odd, but I get the feeling that that you look upon him as despicable.

There can be as few as 85% of the population who would agree with you. (The others 15% can't read English)

There can be as few as 85% of the population who would agree with you. (The others 15% can't read English)

1) Damn and I was trying so hard to be unbiased.

2) Showing your age, most kids nowadays do Beckham maths and are quite convinced there are 110%.

2) Showing your age, most kids nowadays do Beckham maths and are quite convinced there are 110%.

Are you saying that this is not so then? :D

Are you saying that this is not so then? :D

This is just part of this parallel universe, where after eleven years in power the ruling party suddenly finds that "once in a generation opportunity" to do something about a problem that they themselves have created during the present generation.

Where every one is so simple that they can not see the wood for the trees, and will thus believe almost anything, until someone just lifts the corner of the lid of Pandora's box and they find that Bread and Circuses are not everything.