Windows Sucks

I don't know why Windows' designers (including Bill Gates) were that lousy.

Windows is too lousy, too buggy and too insecure. I stopped using Windows last year and migrate to Linux. Linux really rocks.

I think Microsft should re-write the new OS. They cannot fix Windows already.

Windows is too lousy to be able to fix.

But millions of winXP were down recently. :D

While all of my poor friends using windows didn't dare to surf internet, didn't dare to open the email attachment and were very busy with scanning the virus, I left my Linux on the net 24 hours a day opening every attachment. I were the King.

Let alone the stability and efficiency, the most annoying thing in windows is that "restart for everything". I think most of the ppl encounter this before. While you are working, opening many documents, browsers, and reading and writing and thinking then you need to install something. So you download and install it and then you are asked to restart! Then you have to close all your document, cut your thought and start all over again! That really sucks. It's one of the reason I migrate to Linux.

I think Windows is the only OS on earth which need to restart for installation. I couldn't believe it, windows designers designed such a very lousy and annoying design. I couldn't believe it, they couldn't even think about it, it's very annoying and very un-suitable for enterprise. (Servers)

(No wonder they failed in the enterprise market)

I like what Apple did. They know their OS is not efficient enough so instead of fixing it, they re-wrote the new OS (Mac OSX), take "BSD" Unix and add the user-friendliness of Mac.

I've never used it before but since it is Unix, i can tell you that it must be rock solid and much more better than windows in terms of stability and everything.

I think it's time for Bill Gates to stop making money and stop fixing his un-fixable OS and start a new OS with a new design. If they don't smart enough to create a "good OS" then follow the Apple way. Take BSD unix and add windows interface and user-friendliness. It's the only way that they can survive in the enterprise market.

B)

Guest Nellie2

Hello Mr WS and welcome to our forum.. as you can see, among other things we enjoy a lively debate.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.... but you will get your point across a lot better if you stop being so negative about what you don't like and start being positive about what you do like!!!

As far as the recent Blaster worm and SobigF problems are concerned, I think you will find that the majority of our members were well informed and protected themselves from any threat as soon as our early warning system let us know what was going on. If there had been any problems then they knew where to come for help.

If you would like to tell your friends about our forum then we will be only too happy to help with any problems they are having. :)

Well, personally, and I know a lot of other people feel the same, I have no trouble at all with XP.

If and I stress IF anyone here had a problem, this is the place to be -all troubles cleared easily and simply, even for the not very experienced.

I can't believe that everyone using Linux doesn't ever get a hitch.

Well as you can tell by the handle, I'm Linux / BeOS / O/s 2 user. Also Windows XP get's used.

It has been known for me to be the first to jump on MS and criticise "a patch a minute, to patch the earlier patch" trend that seems to appear. But Windows is millions and millions of lines of code.

Windows 2003 Server is over 50million lines of code. That gives a door to alot of bugs, or errors. I agree, they need to test things more, they need to make sure they iron out any big creases that can potentially appear.

Before anti-linux people produce a list of the security updates for linux systems, I'll say your wrong. The majority of updates for linux, of which there are a few a week, is for software that isn't part of the OS. As for windows updates, they update faults in their own OS and products such as Windows Media Player.

I do try and get people to port to linux, but only if it suits their situation. I wouldn't suggest it for people on dialup, or people that want to ring their ISP (namely NT bloody L) - they dont officialy support linux, so you'll get a sweet "Good night sir - click".

Why do i still use Windows in some respects?

For p2p. There is Gnutella-GTK and others like IRC for Linux, but I prefer using WinMX/Kazaa Lite (for all those viri).

Also I payed money for Kaspersky antivirus so, being tight-arsed, I wanna use it :P

But everything else is taken care of. Music player, video player, office suite (i use OO.org on windows also) Graphics program (same goes for GIMP) browsers (same for mozilla and firebird - use both on winblows) and then theres the technical, and security applications. Nmap is great, nmapwin is dire.

If Windows was Lousy the why is it the most popular O/S on the planet. It has made Mr Bill Gates the richest man in the world...Billions of Dollars :o Microsft are woth Bizzzillons!

His O/s's and software are used throughtout industry...If Microsoft were crap, then a company wishing to make money would not use crap O/s's and software...Microsoft has proven products.

Sure it has it's problems...But when you think on the grand scale, of Windows in each office, home, there are bound to be problems. Microsoft can only do so much. Its when us lot get our hand it that problems arise...Most problems are caused by us and not the O/s itself...

MS are helping us to build the perfect OS by implementing the ERROR REPORT...Annoying that an error has occured, but sending that report will help to build the perfect OS.

In saying that i doubt there will be a perfect OS...Toooo many Variables!

Linux has its followers, but stick a virgin linux user in front of a Linux desktop and they wont know what to do. :wub: Now you have to go learn another thing :o

In a few years when Linux has improved in this area...Well, we'll wait till then!

If Windows was Lousy the why is it the most popular O/S on the planet. It has made Mr Bill Gates the richest man in the world...Billions of Dollars :o Microsft are woth Bizzzillons!

His O/s's and software are used throughtout industry...If Microsoft were crap, then a company wishing to make money would not use crap O/s's and software...Microsft has proven products.

Sure it has it's problems...But when you think on the grand scale, of Windows in each office, home, there are bound to be problems. Microsoft can only do so much. Its when us lot get our hand it that problems arise...Most problems are caused by us and not the O/s itself...

MS are helping us to build the perfect OS by implementing the ERROR REPORT...Annoying that an error has occured, but sending that report will help to build the perfect OS.

well said that man

---------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

Because they monopolize the intel platform so that no one could come up with a new OS commercially. And they make the ordinally ppl (non-computer geek) so blind that ppl start thinking of Windows is the only OS in the world and have no choice.

---------------------------------------------------------l

His O/s's and software are used throughtout industry...If Microsoft were crap, then a company wishing to make money would not use crap O/s's and software...Microsoft has proven products.

Answer:

As I said earlier, because they make you no choice when you use Intel platform in the past years.

But Windows is mostly used in home not in the industry.

In the industry, Windows has proven that it's not efficient enough, especially for servers. Linux is the highest market share in the Web-server market. Yeah! you are right. A company wishing to make money would not use crap OS. Now there is a choice already. So they are thinging about it and start moving away from Windows gradually. Not only the companies but also every government in the world is migrating to Linux. For example, German(the whole gov), US (part of gov), China (the whole gov), Japan, India, Brazil etc.

----------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

you mean DLL problem? (unfamously know as "DLL hell") or "unfamous registry" problem? These DLL and Registry make already unstable OS because of its poor memory management, more unstable.

In Unix, Linux, or Mac, there is no such problem.

It's like...

An engineer build a bridge. Then a car cross it with high speed and the bridge broke. And you blame the car, not the engineer who designed very badly, for breaking the bridge.

----------------------------------------------------------

Linux has its followers, but stick a virgin linux user in front of a Linux desktop and they wont know what to do. <<<< Thats the problemo with Linux as in in its not that USER friendly...

------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

That's what 3 years ago. Today user friendly Linux distro like Redhat, Mandrake's user-friendliness is comparable to Windows if it's ONLY for using. Ofcourse, the configuration is still a bit difficult than windows. But give me 2 more years. Everything will be as easy as windows'. Linux evolution is incredibily fast. If you look back 2 years, windows' improvement is nothing much but Linux imporvement is unbelievably big in this 2 years.

And what's more, if you installed Linux, it comes with hundreds of applications like Office, Photo-editing, video, audio, programming, zip, servers and many other utilities and you don't need to install more if you are either home user or enterprise user . And everything is free!

------------------------------------------------------

You've grown up with Windows :wub: Now you have to go learn another thing :o

--------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

You mean because I've grown up with Windows, I have to stick with it forever even if I've gradually realize that it's not good enough and found something which is better?

Well, if everybody has this idea, there wouldn't even be a car, a plane or a computer today.

--------------------------------------------------------

Having tried various flavours of Linux (Mandrake, Knoppix), I still find myself coming back to windows owing to it's ease of use.

Yes linux has made great strides in useability "out of the box" but is still too difficult for the majority of users with regards to configuration.

When the configuration becomes easier, then we will see Linux really take off.

Windows 98 V linux , might have a point.......

But XP I think has lived up to all BG's promies for 98....Its stable ...can take some abuse...and plug and play does work....

Looking at what is around the corner at longhorn , XP might turn out to be BG's best effort......

Besides there are plenty of BG wanabe's floating around linux looking to make a buck

Guest Nellie2

I have been playing with Knoppix for the past few weeks.. it is different and I like it but I am having trouble configuring it. The fun for me though is working it out. And while I am working it out I can come back to an o/s that I am comfortable with.

We had a bit of a debate here a while back where I said that one of the main reasons I didn't want to leave W98 because I knew how to fix it when it went wrong. I'm actually on W2000 now but that is another long story! :) My point is that I am comfortable with Windows... but that is my choice. I will try other o/s and I know I can come here for any help I need. But at the end of the day it is down to personal preference... we are all free thinking individuals and can make up our own minds.