Something to let me know when Windows is ready

Hb_Kai

I've been looking around on the internet the last couple of days for something like a small application or whatever that lets me know when XP is totally ready to be used so I'm not waiting around for a minute or so thinking if it is or not.

Does anyone know of such a thing?

It's not only Windows that starts when you boot your system, but countless services and startup items. I don't think there is anything that can monitor it all. (However, there may be...)

I usually watch the HD-LED; I don't touch anything until it stops flickering.

It's not only Windows that starts when you boot your system, but countless services and startup items. I don't think there is anything that can monitor it all. (However, there may be...)

I usually watch the HD-LED; I don't touch anything until it stops flickering.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping there would be so I could replace watching the LED's but that's a good point. Thanks anyway.

W H Smith sell some good cheap calenders.

:lol:

Hb_Hai, you are sooo right! Since the operating system controls the boot, for years I've wondered why Microsoft can't put in a simple script that flashes up a Ready signal when the user can start using the keyboard or mouse. For me, I'd rather have that than many of the other flashy items of eye-candy that Microsoft seem keen on foisting on us.

What's the betting something like this will NOT be included in Windows 7?

Not a direct answer to your question but what I do is switch my machines on when I get up in the morning then let the dog out, make a cup of tea and by the time I've done that everything is booted up and ready to go.

Not a direct answer to your question but what I do is switch my machines on when I get up in the morning then let the dog out, make a cup of tea and by the time I've done that everything is booted up and ready to go.

That seems to be a good practice - but buying a dog just for that reason seems a bit extreme.....

I tried to train the dog to switch things on for me but his paws are too big for the small button switch.

Should I get a smaller dog?

You could attach bigger buttons and even build a bigger key board....if you have an electronic "lab" :unsure: