ESET antivirus

rafael nadal

hiii...i have just started using ESET NOD32 antivirus..its great and vey fast..i have detected viruses which have been gone undetected by many antiviruses.. it doesnt slow down the PC either...

I have stuck with NOD32 because it is the least intrusive anti-virus I have ever used along with it's anti-rootkit stealth technology.

I have just renewed my annual licence for £20.50 and worth every penny in my book :good:

For the small extra cost go for the full security suite. Some advocate the free programs, but seriously you get owt fer nowt. Eset in the long term costs pence per day and is worth EVERY PENNY. What is more for UK users is that not only is e mail support available, but also telephone support at the cost of a local call. :D

EDIT: It also updates automatically several times per day, so is always as up to date as possible.

I have used just AVG Anti Virus free and Windows Defender which is also free for the past two years and have never had an infection. (It may of course be influenced by the fact that I use Vista which is much more secure that XP).

Occasionally a thread on this forum suggests that someone should use some other programme to scan their computer - and out of curiosity I do mine as a double check - but to date it has always come up clean.

So I have to ask the question - why waste money on paid for anti malware when you can get protection for free. You would be better spending your money on Windows 7 which is reported to be even more secure than Vista.

I have ESET on the PC & AVG Free on the laptop. Both appear to be excellent, but ESET scans much faster and and includes a firewall, adware filter & root-kit scanner. Thre's no free version of ESET, but they do have an excellent on-line scanning sevice also.

But the only reason I'd recommend anyone to change their a-v program is if they have the hated Norton product. :censored:

I have ESET on the PC & AVG Free on the laptop. Both appear to be excellent, but ESET scans much faster and and includes a firewall, adware filter & root-kit scanner. Thre's no free version of ESET, but they do have an excellent on-line scanning sevice also.

But the only reason I'd recommend anyone to change their a-v program is if they have the hated Norton product. :censored:

I must agree about Norton, I had to do a complete format and re-install to get rid of it completely. NEVER AGAIN THANKS. :angry:

So I have to ask the question - why waste money on paid for anti malware when you can get protection for free. You would be better spending your money on Windows 7 which is reported to be even more secure than Vista.

I've tried various free anti-virus solutions including AVG but I've not found the protection to be as good as paid solutions like NOD32.

When I had AVG, I had a virus and all I could do was quarantine it, not get rid of it :angry:

Besides £20.50 works out at only around 39p a week so it's hardly going to break the bank!

I have used just AVG Anti Virus free and Windows Defender which is also free for the past two years and have never had an infection. (It may of course be influenced by the fact that I use Vista which is much more secure that XP).

Occasionally a thread on this forum suggests that someone should use some other programme to scan their computer - and out of curiosity I do mine as a double check - but to date it has always come up clean.

I have thought this for ages and have gone back to thinking like this and staying with Comodo. Its updates are once or twice a day, has the firewall, realtime protection and anti-virus, and i believe an IE helper too which isn't of much use to me but still.

Anyway. ESET was interesting but I'm not paying for paid software when I can get the same for free :)

Thanks for the link anyway CurlyWhirly.