Slow page loading Firefox

doug

Looking for a bit of help here. Using Firefox 3.5.4 & XinXP SP3, AVG free fully upto date and no reported issues together with ZA 8.0.298.000. Started to have problems not fully loading, they appear to have loaded but the progress bar doesn't complete and the little dotty circle on the tab just keeps rotating, so I'm having to click on the stop button with annoyance. Any suggestions on what to do folks, please make my day!

Done those things. If you remember I was helped regarding the cookies deletion just recently. Have saved the ones most used. I'll delete the lot to see if that's an improvement but that means going through all the login palaver again. Good morning to you.

I know it's early days, or hours, but it looks as though my problem was AVG Free 9.0. Now back to crisp page loading again. Thanks for all the replies to this thread - at least I've learnt about cookie management using Ccleaner.

21 hours and things are definitely more responsive than with Avg 9.0

That is rather sad in a way, becasuse it could be construed that Tony, the one that said, "Not all improvements are necessarily for the better", was not as far off the mark as was thought at the time.

i am experiencing a problem in Firefox it is crashing frequently. my antivirus is fully updated and there is no virus in my pc. i also have tried reinstalling the fire fox but it also doesn't help. now what to do ?

What anyivirus are you using?

Are you getting the same problem as Doug due to AVG version 9?

• 1 month later...
i dont think there is a stable version up until this moment because i was reading their forumsupport most of the users still have problems.

It is not true/correct to state that "most of the users still have problems" you would expect the forum to be mainly comments about problems, because that is what the forum is for.

I have installed AVG version 9.0.716 and am not experiancing any problems.

In fact it is slightly better than version 8.5 as regular scans are a great deal quicker.