For users of Firefox.

Alan2273

There is this piece of javascript code made for the Firefox browser which when ran, displays all usernames and passwords stored in the password manager and once this is done, uses some other coding language to store the passwords in a file either remotely or on a specified web server.

I'm quite surprised this hasn't been fixed yet!

After finding the two codes again the other day on the Internet, I took a look at it and then saw that it would be safe to run so I ran one and it prompts for user verification but the second one didn't, it tried to store the passwords to an external memory device, so then I tried setting a master password on Firefox's password manager and both of them would not work without the master password.

Anyway, I sent this to Mozilla and hopefully will be included in the next update... Just thought I'd mention though so some people know exactly how easily available Firefox exploits are and that they should, if they use the password manager, use a master password.

• 2 weeks later...

IE8 is much improved on previous versions of Internet Explorer, although its Compatability View function doesn't seem to make any difference on some older sites. It doesn't load pages as fast as Firefox, but its adaptability and stability now seems to be excellent after some earlier teething problems, in my experience. For example, if you like to keep copies of articles you've read most can now be copied to Word, then edited to get rid of adverts, etc, then stored as Word documents rather than as copies of the entire web page.

One of my dislikes about Firefox, when I used to use it more often, was that it didn't give information about where it's downloading files to, which meant I sometimes had to do a search afterwards to find the damn thing.

• 1 month later...
One of my dislikes about Firefox, when I used to use it more often, was that it didn't give information about where it's downloading files to, which meant I sometimes had to do a search afterwards to find the damn thing.

Firefox usually downloads your files in one place, to access it go to Tools > Downloads and they are listed there.

A security scare going around - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm

Firefox usually downloads your files in one place, to access it go to Tools > Downloads and they are listed there.

A security scare going around - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8463516.stm

:rolleyes: I told him not to upset andsome by posting this, andsome don't click on curly's link it will only upset you

Admission:

I use Internet Explorer. ...........There I've said it. image004.gif

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

I use it under the guise of **MAXTHON** which is just that "Little Bit More" than an excellent skin for IE. For a very long time I had used my browsers "Sandboxed" - The app used being **Sandboxie** (Sandboxie can be used with any browser)

If you like IE, and are going to carry on using it, - get it sandboxed andsome, and then let them take the pee. :P LA839B1117.gif

I dont use "Sandboxie" any more because I have now sandboxed (virtualised) the whole operating system with **Returnil Virtual System Home Free**

The latest version (2010) has anti-virus built in (You do not have to install that if not required)

Both versions (09/10) work with XP, Vista, and Windows 7. If you can get your head around Acronis, you will have no trouble understanding "Returnil"

No need once this is installed to use VMWare, Virtual Box, or any other virtual machines to test software, and you will have one of the strongest defences against the "Nasties"

If anyone should want any advice or help setting up Returnil please dont be shy. rainbow.gif

John.