Any Thunderbird users out there?

I have posted several threads re-lating to email clients and have had many replies, which I will progessively work through but I'd like to resolve this issue first because I had just got TB 3 working to my (and most importantly the missus satisfaction) on my old WinXP PC.Now. on this new one running Win 7 64 I'm having some problems. some of which were have been resolved, such as in XP it used POP as the outgoing server but on 7 it uses IMAP. Now having got it set up I can create and send emails to myself and read in Gmail they will also be picked up and appear in my inbox but each successive receipt seems to overwrite the previous ones. All the sent messages appear in the Sent folder but the only receifved message I can find is the latest one in the inbox. I've been trying to search this issue since last Saturday without a solution. I'm sure I've an incorrect setting. N'uff said need some help here chaps.

I'm at three stage of transferring all my messages for my old PC but daren't in case they just dissappear.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey thank you folks. Just had a quick look see and there are quite a few differences on mine. Have to dash off now so will go through everything in fine detail later. At least I've got something to work on now.

Well I'm still struggling a bit here. Each time I do a fresh Install it will insist on going for this IMAP thingy so I trawl throug the ways to force it to POP3. The yesterday my internet connection went down. After much time talking to Bombay they reset my BBpassword to no avail. Then this morning I find my connewction is up and running and there's an inch of snow outside!

Well I'm not sure if I'm doing things correctly. the account is set up using IMAP and I can and receive messages. I can see all the messages I've sent when I click on the sent items box. I cannot see all the received messages except for the most recent one. The version I have on XP has, what I call a Normal view in that all the received messages are present listed in date received order. I can sort by date, name etc. I cannot see the equivalent version in this version in Win 7. I hops the attachment illustrates what I'm trying to say.

post-64-1261158614_thumb.jpg

Well I'm not sure if I'm doing things correctly. the account is set up using IMAP and I can and receive messages. I can see all the messages I've sent when I click on the sent items box. I cannot see all the received messages except for the most recent one. The version I have on XP has, what I call a Normal view in that all the received messages are present listed in date received order. I can sort by date, name etc. I cannot see the equivalent version in this version in Win 7. I hops the attachment illustrates what I'm trying to say.

Have a look in :-

Edit>Folder Properties

There are some tweeking bits in there that might help.

Thanks CG, just had a look and it definitely says don't delete any messages. A short while ago I had 4 messages showing on the inbox panel, all test messages, then as I was looking they all disappeared before my eyes!!!!!

Thanks CG, just had a look and it definitely says don't delete any messages. A short while ago I had 4 messages showing on the inbox panel, all test messages, then as I was looking they all disappeared before my eyes!!!!!

You are obviously suffering from "leaking memory". Is there a little puddle on the floor?

Haven't gone to sleep on this. Several of you have been kind enough to email me. At the end of the day it seems to boil down to the fact that however many times i try to re-install (by deleting and running Ccleaner then doing a fresh download) not only does it come back with my previous settings but I cannot get it to show the disc space option, it only shows the one under local folders - compare Alan's post #5 and mine post #12. Getting totlly unchuffed here.

:censored:

Haven't gone to sleep on this. Several of you have been kind enough to email me. At the end of the day it seems to boil down to the fact that however many times i try to re-install (by deleting and running Ccleaner then doing a fresh download) not only does it come back with my previous settings but I cannot get it to show the disc space option, it only shows the one under local folders - compare Alan's post #5 and mine post #12. Getting totally unchuffed here.

:censored: