Standby Mode

I have just started using the "Standby" mode in windows XP.

When the computer is in this mode the On/Off light flashes.

Generally I just have to move the Mouse to bring the M/c to life, but on certain occasions this does not work & I have to slightly touch, but not press, the On/Off button.

Is this a normal type of problem?

I don't want to put the M/c in for repair for such a small point but should I be concerned?

I think your lucky to have it working at all, the only times I used it in XP it crashed my computer coming out of it so if it works at all then your doing well and defiantly not worth spending to do anything, others might know more though

I think your lucky to have it working at all, the only times I used it in XP it crashed my computer coming out of it so if it works at all then your doing well and defiantly not worth spending to do anything, others might know more though

Rong, many thanks, but are there any other comments.

Also are there any other ways to put XP/Computer in hibernation mode to save a few pence, other than just turning off?

You can check that the mouse is configured to wake the computer under Power Management.You will find this in Control Panel>Mouse.

I do not quite understand this question,"...put XP/Computer in hibernation mode to save a few pence,...".Is this costing you money to turn the computer off?:unsure:

Or is this a turn of phrase?

I am not the expert on XP,so If rong has provided any insight into this I would listen.

If it is bothering you that much,by all means spend whatever it takes to get it sorted.

One

As I said I gave up trying to hibernate mine and the cost of sending it to someone to try and fix would take a long time to get back on the savings you may make on electricity, I do have my monitor set to sleep after a time though

You can check that the mouse is configured to wake the computer under Power Management.You will find this in Control Panel>Mouse.

I do not quite understand this question,"...put XP/Computer in hibernation mode to save a few pence,...".Is this costing you money to turn the computer off?:unsure:

Or is this a turn of phrase?

I am not the expert on XP,so If rong has provided any insight into this I would listen.

If it is bothering you that much,by all means spend whatever it takes to get it sorted.

One

Can't see what you don't understand, my words are :- Also are there any other ways to put XP/Computer in hibernation mode to save a few pence, other than just turning off?

ie I want to save a bit of electricity whilst I am not using the M/c and the Hibination procedure does this but is there another way other than turning the m/c off.

Seems easy to understand to me!

You are welcome for the attempt at resolving your issue.

You made no referrence to the possible solution given for your issue.Only contentious remarks.

I will expound.Try turning the power management Off>Reboot.Turn it back On>Reboot.This may or may not help.It was merely a lead in to a resolution,since there wasn't any allusion to what you have tried.

You could also try Sleep Mode.

Maybe someone else can assist you.Or a search engine could possibly offer power conserving options.Best wishes.

I bow out.

One

"Can't see what you don't understand"

"Seems easy to understand to me!"

Dont ever get a job in Public Relations johnoo. - You lack the personality and humour required. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On forums in particular, humour always makes bad attitude lie low and quells the heat of any likely "Flamewars" occuring.

Voluntary forum members, normal home loving people like yourself came forward and answered in their own particular but pleasant way. - You came back with bad attitude.

Try a search *HERE* for your particular problem johnoo.

Whilst you are searching, at least you will only have yourself to argue with. :D

Lighten up man. :flowers:

Hope this has been some help along your own personal pathway.

John. ;)

In consideration of potential unpleasantness, this thread is being locked.

Before that, though, a comment about Windows Standby/Hibernate/Sleep modes: I've never found any of them to be reliable, certainly not fulfilling what I expected from them.