Slow computer

My computer is very slow, takes forever for every page on the web, my yahoo, Facebook, everything to open up. I have Windows 7 and plenty of ram. I know you probably need more information, but don't know what you need. I wonder if there are some programs on here that are slowing things down. I have checked for viruses, done scans, only have 3 things checked in msconfig to run, can't remember what else.

Hopefully someone will know EXACTLY what is wrong LOL.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Download Process Monitor (no install) > Extract All > Right-click Procmon.exe > Run As Administrator.

In Menu-bar > Options > Enable Boot Logging > OK.

Restart the machine.

After machine has booted completely > run Procmon.exe (as admin) and choose to save the log file when the window appears.

Upload that file and provide the link.

Hope this will help pinpoint the offender(s).

do you know how I can get you a copy of my task manager. I have copied it, and pasted on this post, but when I send it, it doesn't send. I downloaded the link and I couldn't do it with that either.

About a virus scanner, I have cCleaner Malwarebytes, disk cleanup and Microsoft Securities. Are any of those virus scans?

Patti,

May I suggest that you take a Screen Shot of the Task Manager, save it as a file on your "C" drive.

Then go into this forum, Reply/Other Reply Options (RHS base of page)/Go to Browse (base Left)/Find your Screen Shot File/Attach.

Then Post.

Hope I have not confused you more!

Patti,

May I suggest that you take a Screen Shot of the Task Manager, save it as a file on your "C" drive.

Then go into this forum, Reply/Other Reply Options (RHS base of page)/Go to Browse (base Left)/Find your Screen Shot File/Attach.

Then Post.

Hope I have not confused you more!

I have tried this before, as soon as I hit the "snipping tool", task manager goes away. Never had this problem on other forums, just this one. I'm tryin' really I am!!

Follow this step!

1.Start>type in in the search box 'run'>then, in the run window, type in 'prefetch'>then, delete all the files inside(don't worry, it does not cause trouble to your pc)

2.Same as the step one, only change the command in the run window as %temp%'. then, delete all things inside. If there some trouble while delete, just skip it all

3.Try Ccleanner. Download it here! http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

4. You also can try download Advance System Care. Download it here! http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

5.Also can try this. very works for me! Download it here! http://www.pgware.com/products/pcmedik/

6. try defrag your hard disk. Always works all the time!

Patti,

do not follow this last poster's "advice"!

Deleting prefetch items will make your computer even slower.

Running "registry cleaners" may make your computer stop working altogether!

We are still waiting for you to post the Task Manager screenshot.

Do download CCleaner, run it, and go to Tools | Startup, then take and post a screenshot of this as well. Alternatively you can save it as a text file and upload that here at the forum.

Here is a copy I hope of my task manager, don't know if it will paste

I pasted it, I saw it on the reply and when I hit "post" it didn't post!!!

When the task manager is open and is the active window, hold down the 'Alt' key and press the 'Print Screen' button. Next open 'Paint', touch Edit then Paste. Finally do Save as from the File menu in Paint and save it to your desktop.

If you then reply, using the more options button on the bottom right of your reply box. There will be an option to Attach Files, which you can then use to uplift from your desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot get a copy of Task Manager

Diagnostics only (Please create a Restore Point or a system/disk image before continuing)

Clck Start orb > type msconfig > Enter.

Under Startup tab > clear all boxes of check-marks > Apply > OK. Consent to reboot the machine.

If there are improvements, we will get a proper tool to manage start-up entries.

Keep you disk clean by disk cleanup and clean drowser history and uninstall unwanted soft also close the system restore option and most importantly your harware specially ram. open you ram and clean dirt and push it again. Also you can check hard drive bad sector. you can check it by freeware that may be found at google.

• 2 months later...

I think I did everything you said, but I got someting with over 400,000 items called process montitor sysinternals. I still dan't figure out ow to get you task manager

owkay..that was weird..actually, not very weird for me. i have face this type of problem and i have fix many my friends pc that have the same problem like this. HOW TO FIX IT?..heres how.. This thing is not worth if you just adding plenty of ram, turn on the turbo mode and bla bla bla. Not very works on it is it? What you had to do is back up your data first. If your pc are very bad on back up data at the time, i suggest you to run your pc in safe mode. To do it, restart you pc and after the bios screen appear, press the F8 button on your keyboard. It act more fast than ever then you can back up your data. After that, just find on your computer that have 'recovery' option. In my cases, my pc is acer type, so the recovery software name 'acer eRecovery Management'. If you using lenovo, it should have state as lenovo recovery or bla bla bla. The other pc type also have the same thing. There is always have recovery mode in every pc if you need it when emergency occurs. Owkay, back to the subject, then, click over it and follow every instruction. If it needs you to restart your pc, restart it. Recovery process recently happen in restarting pc. wait for it to uninstall all things inside your pc and give back a 'first time use' pc enviroment. Your pc will be fast as you buy a new one. As i also feels responsible to the problem, i suggest a few tips to take care of your pc from lagging. here are few of it. Use it wisely:

1. Download Ccleanner. A very must have software in your pc. run in very time when you turn on and off your pc http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

2.Download advance system care. This utility software are very useful and run it cleaner depends on your pc condition http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

3.If you think it feels like it start a bit slow, follow this step. Go to start button and type in run in the search button. Then type in 'prefetch' and press enter. delete all the files inside it. Follow the same step and this time, change the field using '%temp%' then press enter. Delete all the files inside and and skip if there any 'cant deleted files'

4.If you think your anti-virus take a lot of places in your pc, use the Microsoft Security Essential AV. It take a very few memory than other fancy anti virus.

5.Prevent your pc from heat or sunlight. Might have you know before, but i warn ya..

6.In your power plan, use the high performance power plan. But, it can drain your battery power more faster.

7.Sometime, you pc have many available ready to install software that is not useful for you to use. even it is more annoying. Search it in your pc and delete it.

8.I suggest you to buys a external hard drive. Just place about 50 percent of your data like mp3, videos and more in it to prevent PC hanggin. This will make your internal hard drive have more free space.

9. Defrag your pc 1 a month.

10. And lastly, don't hit the pc if you think it start to slow. Check first the system and what is wrong with your pc. If you can't found it, you can do what you what with it. THINK RATIONALLY..