Gboxapp toolbar

Once I "searched the best toolbar" on ionternet then I discover this toolbar. I found its website: gboxapp.com & I am using the gboxapp toolbar for a long time. I think it is okay for general user. I fond od its most of the features, but recently I heard that the toolbar contains harmful virus. Is the information true?

I've never heard of this toolbar but, it would be no surprise that it contained malware.

I fail to understand why you would deliberately search out a toolbar. I get lots of unwanted and unasked for toolbars and the like whenever I download commercial software - that includes stuff I've paid for, not just freeware. Nero is just one example of that practice.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Google search for gboxapp shows significant evidence that it is malware !

I agree. Why are users luexuewey (from Bangladesh) and nicolepark1990 (from the Philippines) promoting it? Both have only one post in these forums.

I think they should be banned!

I quite agree!

• 2 weeks later...

People spend too much time in the internet these days, and what better way to spend it with than hanging out and browsing in your very own internet Web browsers. Now, there are a lot of software's that are readily available, and are even downloadable for free in the internet. One of these is the GBoxapp.

To start with, I have come to prove that the GBOXAPP IS NOT A VIRUS. It doesn't do any harm to your computer at all, contrary to what much bad publicity say. It does not affect your computer's performance.
I have not been a very big fan of installing browser toolbars. I try as much as I can not to install them because I just find them less helpful and I don't like how they pile up in my browser. The more software you install, the more your software browser toolbars pile up, until your browser becomes cluttered with all sorts of toolbars from different software's.

There is much bad publicity on toolbars being viruses. So before we proceed in accusing or generalizing these toolbars as viruses, let us first know the difference between a virus, a Trojan virus and a malware.
Malware, or malicious software, is the general term given to describe all viruses, worms, spyware, and generally anything that can cause harm to your computer or steal and modify information.

A virus is a type of malware that copies itself, replicates, and infects your computer. It spreads from one file to another, and then from one computer to another when the files are copied and shared.
A Trojan virus, or a Trojan Horse, appears like a legitimate file that came from a trusted source, tricking the user to download or open the file. It starts to do harm to your computer by messing with your files, such as changing your desktop, or adding icons, and can also delete files.

I don't think all toolbars are really bad. Some are really useful, but you really have to evaluate first the toolbar that you will install, and if it comes from a source you can trust. Only install the ones that you really need, and just one type of similar applications. Toolbars can also help you in making your browsing experience faster and more convenient because of its features.

One application that I like is the GBoxapp. I like it because it is convenient for me and it simplifies my computer experience by providing all my applications in one box. There are a lot of companies out there, and some even go out of their ways to give bad reputation to their competitors. They even put out these bad publicities all over the internet, so my advice is for you to really evaluate the toolbar you want to install.

Since I like the GBoxapp, I checked it using different anti-virus programs. I even rechecked it a thousand times, at several occasions, and different dates just to really be sure and be cautious to protect my computer, but it is all clear. It is 100% virus-free. So, I conclude that it really is a good product and everyone can use it.

:welcomewf:

Good review, valid points Mark. If anyone wants to add anything to their computer, it is of course up to the individual to do as much research as they can into what they are installing.

The first point that would make me wary of any application is:

Why has an application raised so much bad publicity, - and is it warranted ?

If I felt that the bad publicity may be warranted, or the application slightly suspect.......................

I would wish to know if an application came with it's own uninstaller.

I would wish to know if an application installed any tracking cookies.

I would wish to know what registry, or system operating changes the application makes.

I would find out for myself if any malware was included in the package.

I would like to see a benchmark, or run one myself to make sure that an application did not unduly affect computer performance.

It is up to each of us to accept individual responsibility for what gets onto our computers, not just install things on the say-so of others.

The thanks today for opening our eyes to the possibilitity of any unlikely misdemeanors by the creators of GBOXAPP go to: >

" marks6623 " - A new member of the forum.

John. :flowers:

No, there is no virus in the grate gboxapp toolbar. I am using this toolbar for more than 5 months without any problem. I believe Internet. you can search in google "gboxapp" you will find the true information more than me. I am over sure there is no contains virus.You can know more about it: gboxapp.com

I refer to post #2 in this thread and ask again, ignoring the merits or demerits of this software, why anyone would want to install yet another of these pestilential toolbars?

So much free-ware and paid for software comes with one of these nuisance add-ons, deliberately adding yet another seems nothing less than folly.

With over 200 Hits / Reads, the original poster has fulfilled his objective and proved one thing.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity."

I'll be betting that if only 1 of the 200 readers have installed GBoxapp to see what it is all about, the original poster will be happy and feel that he has achieved what he came here for. Do that on a few forums "without the thread being locked" after a reasonable amount of time, and you are in business are you not ? B)

The repliers objections merely fuelling the fire of publicity. - Nowt so gullible as the gullible eh ?

Reverse psychology to achieve goals when normal advertising fails.

Get rid of it. My homepage is about:blank. I do dislike trackers and resource hogs.

The GBoxApp—a Variety of Applications in One Box

It should be a very inviting treat to have all your favorite application and tools from one simple box. No need to individually search and install each tool and application. No need to individually launch the tools and applications. No need to remove unwanted desktop shortcuts created by the tools and applications. All these are made possible with the GBoxapp.

The Gboxapp is the latest all–in–one application that brings you your favorite and most likely to use applications and tools all from one single box. This means, you only install the GBoxapp once and all the tools and applications, such as Games, Calculator, Calorie Calculator, Currency Converter, and so much more, are installed with it. It’s that easy, simple and convenient.

Because the GBoxapp is such a convenient and intuitive application, it has also been a target of some bad comments in the internet. One thing is sure though, the GBOXAPP IS NOT A VIRUS. It is completely safe and secure.

I have been using this app for many months now, but it still hasn’t failed me in any way. Although it is highly important that you really are vigilant with the applications you install, it also helps not to believe everything you read instantly. Some companies just give bad reputation to other companies to lessen and eliminate competition. The GBoxapp might just be a victim of this.

In fact, the search.gboxapp that online reviewers are growing weary about is not automatically installed with the GBoxapp. Right from the start of the installation, you actually have the option whether to install this or not. It is at your discretion and the GBoxapp does not force this on your system.

I, for one, would highly recommend you install and take advantage of this great application. It just is amazing that one application would have all the important tools and applications that I would need. It’s simple, convenient, and totally saves my time. I recommend you download your own GBoxapp now and see fro yourself its wonders.