Suitable Operating System for Netbook (Linux based)

MrBrave

Hey, just want a vote from all before i done it.

-WHICH ONE IS THE MOST SUITABLE OPERATING SYSTEM BASED ON LINUX BASED OPERATING SYSTEM ON NETBOOK?

1)Ubuntu

2)Lubuntu

3)Jolicloud

4)Linux Mint

Please suggest for me which of the four types of OS is best for my netbook

NETBOOK PREFERENCE:

Processor: Intel Atom

RAM: 1GB

GPU: Intel GMA 3150

Thanks for feedback.

I guess linux mint is the best. I hope so. I don't want to use Windows 7 on my netbook as it make my PC laggy and pissed me off. Sometime there are viruses come to my netbook PC, then it takes a VERY LONG TIME to get rid it off as the power of netbook are not better as standard notebook or desktop PC.

Windows does not suddenly grow a virus; it is the Windows user which seeks them out and cultivates such atrocities....

Slap anther stick of RAM in it and it wont be so laggy. Netbooks are basically the precursor to tablets; don't expect mutch in power-user performance for a while. Basically media, web-browsing and document work. I have had some running very resource intensive progs with a little TLC. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you !! Your message gratefully received. :friends:

There you go. - Better late than never as the Spinster said to the Bishop.

I know almost a month has passed, and that this drifted of from the original subject, but it is worth mentioning that if ThinApp is not available for some readers to do virtualization packages there is a product named
CAMEYO which is absolutely free, and it does a pretty neat virtualization package.

EVALAZE which at one time was free is now only downloadable as a free trial. :( :( Boo Hiss !!

=================================

Back on original topic.

As a previous poster Mr. Brave has already said
Linux Mint is quite a nice easy way to go.

mint_zps3622b165.jpg

• 4 months later...

Im Using Ubuntu Linux on my netbook. With Spesificated by 1.6 GHz CPU (Intel Atom) and 2 GB Of RAM. It works smoothly even with an additional Visual Effect on Ubuntu. Ubuntu(or lubuntu) and Linuxmint are the best choice cause it has the biggest third-party application and Support. :D :lol:

Ubuntu and Lubuntu are basically SAME. Its the Display Manager and Desktop Environtment which differentiate the both.

• 8 months later...