Today BT Yahoo E Mail Problem

johnoo

There is an epidemic of this recently. I'm aware or at least 20 people, including me, who have had this in the last week or so.

It doesn't seem to be particularly dangerous but, obviously you should not open any links in the email message.

Delete all messages, delete the address(es) from which they are being sent (if it's one of yours) and sit it out.

If your infestation is the same as I've been seeing, it will all be over in a day or two.

This problem is worse than I thought.

Looking in my "Sent" box 35 false e mails have come from me to a multitude of contacts & companies I have sent e mail to in the past.

I run AVG anti Virus, & no fault found, have also ran Spybot & Malwarebytes & again no problems.

I run CC Cleaner every evening

Have changed my BT Yahoo Password but is there anything else I should do?

For some web sites I use I have also used my old BT Yahoo password should I change these?

Any other ideas welcome

Your problem may not be directly of your making - or malware on your computer. Poor Emailing etiquette by either you or someone in your address book could be the cause of your identity getting into the wrong hands and your Email being used by others.

See my post of a couple of years ago...

http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php?showtopic=48556

I fully agree with Alan, and following his tip above, I have for some time now followed his advice regarding forwarding. Also, with every e mail that I send which I think maybe get sent on but recipients, I add the following signature.

Please feel free to send this e mail on to others. However, after clicking FORWARD, please DELETE MY E MAIL ADDRESS. It is also advisable to enter all the addresses that you are sending the message to in the Bcc box and NOT in the TO box, this will prevent the recipients from seeing everyone else’s address, and reduce the chances of them receiving SPAM.