Buying on credit from Currys PC World

andsome

We recently purchased a new washing machine from Currys PC world. I was about to pay with my credit card when I was offered free finance for 6 months. It seemed foolish not to accept this offer even though the amount was only a little over £400. The request for credit was declined by Creation consumer finance. No explanation was offered. I checked my credit rating with Equifax PLC as they had supplied the rating to Creation. I have a perfect rating of EXCELLENT, having NEVER failed to make any payments on or before the due dates. Our credit card and bank accounts were all highly rated. We would not mind if a good reason had been offered. I contacted Creation, and received an e mail by return asking for our address. This was supplied again by return. All this was on Monday 22-09-2014. To date no further e mails have been received from Creation, despite sending three chasers. This has put a black mark against my credit rating, even though I have an excellent record.My advice is that if offered credit by Currys PC World, ask if this will be via Creation Consumer finance Ltd, if so unless you want to risk a black mark against your name, decline the offer.

I swore a long time ago after my granddaughter downloaded a couple of viruses never to have anything to do with Face Book on my computer. I have now however posted on Currys Face Book page advising the world what Creation Consumer Finance is like. Definitely a company to avoid. I have had a lucky escape.

Many years ago my late father applied to American Express for a credit card, it was rejected. As a property owner with a good credit rating he was surprised and more than a bit miffed so he enquired as to why, the only response he got from them was that they didn't have to say why he'd been turned down. No other supplier ever had a problem and it hadn't affected his rating so he decided Am Ex could get stuffed, didn't stop them sending him regular invites to apply for a card though.