That is F**** irritating

Belatucadrus

We've just spent a day inside in the wet waiting for Dell to deliver my new laptop, just checked status to be advised

CUSTOMER NOT HOME - CARD LEFT.

Oh yes we were and not only has nobody been, nobody called and the "Card" left by the driver is conspicuous by its absence. So if it's stashed at some local depot for collection I don't know where it is.

Best case scenario we have to go through the whole tedious rigmarole one more time.

:ranting::censored:

You're not alone with that type of thing happening Belatucadrus.

A couple of years ago I ordered a new mobile phone from Virgin. I was told that it was going to be delivered on Thursday of the week I ordered it. It never arrived. I, like you sat at home all day waiting for the truck to arrive and it never did. I then got in touch with Virgin to see what had happened to the delivery. I was told, after she had phoned the delivery people, that the driver had called and there was no one here and a card had been put through the letter box. I told her that it was a load of lies as I had been at home all day waiting. I then asked her to call the depot again and ask the delivery driver what sort of building it was that he called to. The following day I got a call back to say that it was a Multi-storey block of flats. I said that was great considering I live in a Bungalow. Where he had been beats me to this day as there are no Multi-storey blocks of flats in Duns.

Cutting as long story short, I cancelled the order and told Virgin to find themselves a delivery company that knew where they were going.

I then went to Argos and bought a phone with a different carrier.

I can guess what happened, most of the houses in our lane have the same post code and sat navs tend to drop you off at a cluster of houses a couple of hundred yards away, ten to one chummy arrived at a house proved his lack of literacy skills by failing to notice the house names don't match, stuffed a card through somebody's door. Leaving them wondering what the hell's going on and me thoroughly pissed off.

How some people can get things so wrong never ceases to amaze and irritate in equal measure.

Dell customer services had all gone home so I've e-mailed them.

As a contract logistics provider, syncreon offers a full line of logistics and supply chain solutions that ensure our customers’ products and materials are at the right place at the right time.

Our versatile services are designed as modular building blocks which form a flexible and performance proven tool set that we adapt and apply to the unique needs of each of our customers.

What a load of waffle. :lol: :lol:

Got it, one Dell 17" laptop received, as it's been in the back of a cold damp van for a while I'm letting it warm up and dry out before pressing the on button.

It's an obsolete version from the Outlet store but brand new and about fifty quid less than the current version to a similar spec. Should be good, now I have to wade through W8, oh well.