System Image Backup

johnoo

Johnoo - I too am a regular user of Acronis - but we need to buy a new version of Acronis if we upgrade to Win10. Hence I would like to know whether Win10 will include a proper back up system before I decide whether to upgrade or not.

help_zpsb8bcb985.gif

Quite circumstantialy I went to take an Acronis backup today when a message popped up stating that my Acronis 2015 had an update waiting to be downloaded.

I clicked on it and took a peek at the release notes detailing all the issues it had fixed.

It also listed the operating systems it would work on and one of them was stated as "Windows 10 Insider Preview".

What I have decided to do a month or two after Windows 10 is released and all the hullabaloo has subsided, is to take a full system back up immediately before installing Windows 10.

I can then try my current Acronis 2015 to see if it works - if not - I can try out the Windows 10 backup system (if it has one) and then make a decision about buying a new version of Acronis.

Or will I will floggin' a dead 'orse

horse_zps49bcb3c1.gif