No webcam after Windows 10 Update

mikemelda

Ok, if it isnt one thing , it's another. First it was a video problem about the color, that is ok now , after doing a System Restore. Now its the webcam stopped working. I accepted the Windows 10 Updates this morning. After that , the webcam worked like expected , once. Then I tried it again, no go. The webcam is a Logitech c270 , microphone and webcam combined, if thats any help.Anyway, I try to open it again, it says  : Launcher_Main . exe has stopped working. Windows will notify you if a solution is found,etc. Could that update made a change in the registry , etc ? I wanted to post this on here, because I didnt want to possibly make it worse .All help appreciated.

If it's any consolation, when I first downloaded Windows 10 and connected to Skype my camera was working upside down. Any amount of fiddling about didn't fix anything. Then when the Aniversary download came along the Camera decided to work properly but is very dim. The recipient on the other end, however, said the camera was sending a great picture to him. At this end I could hardly see myself on the screen. However, I am glad to say that I don't use the Windows 10 Laptop very often as it is only a standby machine in case anything happens to my iMac which is my main machine. 

I have the same webcam and had exactly the same problem, it is to do with the anniversary update to Windows 10 and there not supporting certain files that the Logitech webcams use.

I got mine to work again as I found the solution on the Logitech forum.

Go to Uninstall programs, select Logitech software then click uninstall, in the next box just tick the bottom option, (logitech drivers) then click next, after it has completed unplug your web cam and reboot your computer.

Now plug your webcam back in then right click the windows blue flag then left click control panel, click add a device, it will search, select your webcam and follow the instruction, when the installation is finished reboot your computer again and your webcam should work, mine is a C270 and works well now.