Windows 10 Update Version 1607 O/S Build 14393.693 KB3213986 + Others

johnoo

Thought my machine was running slow today.

later found that the above monthly update had been deployed.

Is there any way of:-

1 Finding out that this is occurring so I can keep of the machine to let update progress at faster rate?

2 Find out how long update will take to deploy?

3 Delay update until night time?

Must say this month the updates were installed with no problems

Re 1     When they do release a new Cumulative Update it shows here :-  https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4000825/windows-10-update-history

Re. 2    It depends on the physical spec of whatever it is installing on - yours IIRC is quite low-spec - so longer to install

2 hours ago, Boris said:

Re 1     When they do release a new Cumulative Update it shows here :-  https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4000825/windows-10-update-history

Re. 2    It depends on the physical spec of whatever it is installing on - yours IIRC is quite low-spec - so longer to install

Thanks, but :-

Ref 1 I wanted to know if there was any way of establishing an update was being carried out at the time of the update so as to avoid using m/c during this time

Ref 2 What's a IIRC?

2 hours ago, johnoo said:

Ref 1 I wanted to know if there was any way of establishing an update was being carried out at the time of the update so as to avoid using m/c during this time

I'm still unclear what you are asking - PC Settings/Update and Security shows you the current state of your machine.

8 hours ago, Boris said:

Is what I'm trying to establish is there any method of establishing that an update is taking place, & hence not use the m/c during this period of time.

Reference your IIRC comment, this is my M/c spec. is that low?

Intel® Core™ i3-3220 processor running at 3.30GHz, and 4GB of RAM

As I said above - if you click on PC Settings and then Update and Security it shows you what it is doing (if it is currently doing any downloading updates/updating)

Your i3-3220 is an adequate cpu (as against being a fast one)

2 hours ago, Boris said:

As I said above - if you click on PC Settings and then Update and Security it shows you what it is doing (if it is currently doing any downloading updates/updating)

Your i3-3220 is an adequate cpu (as against being a fast one)

Thanks understand now.

Please note I'm not getting e mails to inform of posts on this forum, has something changed?