Time to spread a little more joy

Belatucadrus

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, daiwai said:

a modern form of the geisha girl still designed to entertain men!

With most Japanese idol bands I'd agree but Necronomidol are just a bit weird, they're definitely marching to their own beat rather than towing some corporate line. Morning Musume or AKB47 they're not.

I'm revealing entirely too much knowledge of Idol bands aren't I  :oops:.

Ho hum my street cred was always a bit tenuous and it may just have expired. In my defense I will point out that they aren't my thing, the closest I get to Idol bands are BabyMetal, Band Maid or Ladybaby. Which says a shed load about my music taste. 

12 hours ago, Belatucadrus said:

With most Japanese idol bands I'd agree but Necronomidol are just a bit weird, they're definitely marching to their own beat rather than towing some corporate line. Morning Musume or AKB47 they're not.

I'm revealing entirely too much knowledge of Idol bands aren't I  :oops:.

Ho hum my street cred was always a bit tenuous and it may just have expired. In my defense I will point out that they aren't my thing, the closest I get to Idol bands are BabyMetal, Band Maid or Ladybaby. Which says a shed load about my music taste. 

come come gentlemen and a little pernache if we can - Belatucadrus after all is a God of War and is capable of breathing fire and removing your heads with one swipe of the sword - although where he got a body like that I'D like to know!

i lived in Japan for a while and most of the men expect to be waited on always and all the girls and women are very polite and giggly!

producing their own bands have given them a small kind of freedom but within the bigger scheme of things they are still subservient Japanese women among their families and boyfriends. however going out with a gaijin can be an interesting experience as they don't know if they are coming or going!!

True Japanese society does still give women a more traditional subservient role, something it's not alone in. However people like Yuriko Koike and the rise of girl bands displaying shed loads of attitude and declining to enter the Idol band mill seems to indicate that the modern world is making some inroads that's probably making traditionalists foam at the mouth.

Pity the Doraemon fan's no longer with us, Pat could have given us a hands on view of Tokyo life.