Butternut Squash

Irene

Does anyone have any recipe recommendations for Butternut Squash?

I was given a couple of smallish ones from someone who has an allotment.  I used one last night, which was roasted with red onion and a variety of tasty spices.  Very nice. ?

I make butternut squash soup. I have a soup machine so, all I do is use about 500g chopped B/N squash, 1 medium onion likewise chopped, one or two Knorr (type) chicken stock pots (or chicken Oxo cubes) make up to 1 litre with water and switch on. Make the same in a saucepan and liquidise when cooked. Add seasonings after cooking (salt, pepper and parsley/other herbs to taste. A swirl of cream when serving is nice.

There is a Mary Berry recipe on the BBC website but this involves roasting the squash (my way is simpler).

I have an Actifry and I do a mixed roast vegetable mix comprising 500 - 750g of squash, sweet peppers (all colours) red onion, courgette, anything else that comes to mind but not thin leaves (cabbage and such), garlic really makes the dish and 10 - 15 whole cloves is perfect (this is not an excess. Leaving the garlic whole stops the pungency developing and they end up sweet and soft). Add about 30ml (two tablespoons) goose fat (for the best roast finish) and Actifry for about 40 minutes.

This is very nice on its own; with a jacket potato and cheese or with grilled fish (or anything that takes your fancy).

Take three pounds of peanuts and put them into a tea-towel. Have a Gin and Tonic stood by. Bash the living daylights out of them. Taste the G & T to make sure it is still fresh. Keep on with the peanut bashing. Taste the G & T to make sure it is still fresh. Pour yourself another. Persist with the peanut bashing. Taste the G & T . The peanut bashing should take about three hours. By which time you would probabley have had six G & T's. When the liquid from the peanuts starts to come through the Tea Towel, taste the G & T to make sure it is still fresh then throw the peanuts and tea towel out into the garden and go to bed.