What are you having for dinner today?

Irene

1 hour ago, -pops- said:

My pea preferences depend on the meal I am eating.

I regard the different types of peas as different vegetables - in a similar way to instant coffee or Camp coffee having little resemblance to the real stuff. In that way, I see fresh peas different to frozen peas, in turn, different to tinned marrowfat, different to mushy, different to tinned garden peas and so on.

We always buy frozen as they are fresher than those so called fresh bought in a shop. We do love canned mushy peas with fish and chips. We do find canned peas a little strange in their flavour. Each to his/her own of course.

Minted lamb shanks, taters and veg for us today. The shanks were put in the slow cooker at 05:45 am this morning and will be slowly bubbling away until we have dinner at about 5:00 pm.

I hate lamb fat - so for me a long slow cook is ideal followed by resting the residual gravy in a tall glass vessel to make it easy to skim off the liquid fat which floats to the top.

Yesterday was an invention of cauliflower with Polish sausage in a cheese & tomato sauce. Surprisingly good.

Today is braised pig's liver & onions with sauté potatoes and the other half of the cauliflower (it was very large).

Lamb chops, broccoli, potato and onion cakes and mint sauce with gravy.

Potato and onion cakes are similar to the ones in the recipes section with the addition of onion powder - amount to suit.

That's hardly an accurate statement - I eat occasionally.

I just had my standard breakfast of 2 slices of toasted granary bread with a lavazza brewed coffee and a glass of fresh orange juice. Because it is what I have every day you would get bored with me posting it.