Jump to content

What are you having for dinner today?


Recommended Posts

  • Irene pinned this topic
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can never understand why any vegetarian/vegan food eater would want to have their non-animal derived nutrition manipulated into looking and tasting like the very things that are being avoided. There

Posted Images

Cauliflower, leek, celery & potato soup (vegan version) + cream (vegetarian version) + crisply fried pancetta slices (carnivore version). I will be having the last option.

 

Been having a fridge clearout!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On Saturdays we usually have salt and pepper baps filled with cooked meat.  This week it's ox tongue.  I will have thick slices of mild onion on mine, and a couple of chopped tomatoes on the side, while 'Er indoors will have hers with sliced tomato.   We will have some vegetable crisps each too. We will then have chopped pineapple and a fruit yogurt. We never have cooked on a Saturday evening except on the odd occasion I will do a stir fry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Baps = barm cakes in Manchester environs.

 

My dinner today is homemade beef burgers, fried onions, sauté potatoes and cooked salad. There are some runner beans lurking in the fridge but I'm not sure they are really suitable.

The cooked salad is the remains of a packet of mixed salad (rocket, chives and baby spinach) microwaved for a minute or so to cook.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are having slow cooked Welsh lamb shanks tonight - with mixed autumn organic vegetables, steamed Maris Piper potatoes and a rosemary, mint and red wine jus accompanied by a bottle of Espirito da Santo full bodied Portuguese red wine.

 

I prefer to call it bloody expensive sheep's knees, with spuds, veg, gravy and mint sauce washed down with some decent red wine. It sounds more nutritious and tasty.

 

This will be followed by some awful leg cramps during the night - red wine does that if I drink the full bottle..

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AlanHo said:

We are having slow cooked Welsh lamb shanks tonight - with mixed autumn organic vegetables, steamed Maris Piper potatoes and a rosemary, mint and red wine jus accompanied by a bottle of Espirito da Santo full bodied Portuguese red wine.

 

I prefer to call it bloody expensive sheep's knees, with spuds, veg, gravy and mint sauce washed down with some decent red wine. It sounds more nutritious and tasty.

 

This will be followed by some awful leg cramps during the night - red wine does that if I drink the full bottle..

 

 

Have you thought about the potential damage to your liver? I stopped drinking whole bottles of wine a long time ago. A bottle now sees me through three days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, andsome said:

 

Have you thought about the potential damage to your liver? I stopped drinking whole bottles of wine a long time ago. A bottle now sees me through three days.

I stopped drinking alcohol (in all forms and presentations) on December 2nd, 1999. That was the date of my first tangible heart attack and my first near-death experience. I had a second two days later. Apparently, I had had several painless, but very damaging, attacks in the previous few weeks. During my recovery, I had plenty of time to think about life, the universe and everything and I decided that I didn't need alcohol. I'm not blaming alcohol for any of this but I should emphasise that I haven't missed it in all of these seventeen years.

 

In four days time, it is the first anniversary of my latest residence in the coronary care unit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to like a glass of lager, but then persisted in drinking the stuff when I'd got the lurgy and ended up with a conditioned taste aversion, it's tasted foul ever since. I still have the occasional Vodka and lime but as I'm invariably the designated driver and never much fancied wine am as close to teetotal as makes no practical difference.

:innocent:

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

I used to like a glass of lager, but then persisted in drinking the stuff when I'd got the lurgy and ended up with a conditioned taste aversion, it's tasted foul ever since. I still have the occasional Vodka and lime but as I'm invariably the designated driver and never much fancied wine am as close to teetotal as makes no practical difference.

:innocent:

 

You are quite right in saying that lager tastes foul. You can't beat real ale, I won't drink any other so called beer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight we’ll be having leftover roast duck, which I will make into duck burgers ? without the bun.  

 

They will be accompanied by Actifry chips, plus some green veg - not yet decided which one.  :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy