A great band

andsome

My daughter lived in  California for two years. She had our granddaughter over there, after attending ante natal classes there. When we visited we said we would like to see San Francisco.  She said she had a friend there, who she met at ante natal , and took us to a lovely house where we met her friend Nora and husband Danny. During the conversation Nora mentioned a visit to GB as Danny would be playing in the Barbican. We asked who he would be playing with, and much to our surprise Jacke said sorry I should have introduced you fully, Danny is playing drums with his Dad, Dave Brubeck. It appeared that Dave was doing a tour of Europe for his seventy fifth  birthday. Not with the group but with the family. They are all musicians, and were playing with the London symphony orchestra, all Dave's music. We attended the concert having taken Nora and her baby out for tea, while Danny was in rehearsal. She took us backstage after the concert to meet the family. They are lovely people. We met him again when he did his eightieth birthday tour. On both occasions all the members of Dave's party were family members, except  Bobby Millittelo, who played several different saxophones.  The conductor was Russell Gloyd who toured with them. We met Dave for the third time in Symphony Hall Birmingham when he toured with the group. Our daughter also stayed with the family for a few days at one of Dave's homes.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that was nice. It is also one of my favourites as well. I heard it played year's ago in St. Pauls Cathedral I think it was the Royal Marines Band. I was only about five at the time but I remember liking it the first time I heard it played.