Who is the most famous person you've bumped into ? (literally)

Boris

I flew BA first class Bahrain to Heathrow with the Liberal Democrat David Steel next to me. T'was about 1990.  I think the new party had only been going for a couple of years or so at the time.

We had a chat - but kept off politics.

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

Ex-PM John Major - coming out of the Gents at Newport Pagnell Services on the M1. 

I almost head-butted him as neither of us were really looking where we were going :oops:

I wish you had head butted him - his behaviour recently has been disgraceful. 

Peter Wyngarde at the gents Rackhams Birmingham, it was back in the Jason King day and he was doing some celebrity opening for some department or other.

John Yates at the local garage, we were both there for MOTs.

Ian Lavender at the Lamb and Flag Worcester, he was in Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf at the Swan Theatre. 

A few more :whistling:

I cooked a bacon sandwich for Jo Brand the comedienne, in the middle of a mid-Wales forest when i was out marshalling on an RAC Rally.

Another year, on the same event I also upset Max Mosley (then President of FIA) (and son of Sir Oswald) when I tried to prevent him standing in a ridiculously dangerous place after he got out of his helicopter, dressed in a pristine long white mac and highly polished brogues to "observe" the running of the special stage.  He ignored me and luckily was somewhat filthier after the first few cars had bombarded him with mud and stones, so he retreated back to the passenger seat and flew off.

Way back in the 70's I also lent a socket set to Nigel Mansell at Mallory Park and helped him to re-fit a towbar to the trailer carrying his first Formula Ford car.

Prior to that, in the late 60's I also had to look after Arthur Negus the antiques ace and Chris Bonnington the mountaineer when they came to present the prizes at school Prize Day.

14 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

Peter Wyngarde at the gents Rackhams Birmingham

He allegedly had a habit of being encountered in toilets according to Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Wyngarde

I remember his Gloucester Bus station encounter making the local headlines.

Coffee and mince pies with Van Morrison (and his minders) at a Christmas event at All Souls Langham Place the year Van was top of the pops together with Cliff.

Whenever God Shines His Light: Van Morrison & Cliff Richard December 1989