A truly great man.

andsome

Whenever the subject of quantum physics raises its head my brain screams and turns off. Anybody who could deal with motor neurone disease for so long is a miracle worker and I think a tribute to the mans monumental will to live and excel in a field few can even contemplate with even the slightest chance of comprehension.

I remember some years ago an anti Obamacare twit cited him as an example of the superiority of the American health care system, saying that if he'd had to rely on the NHS state system he'd have been put on a death list and would have been dead years ago. Hawking I think took a degree of pleasure in pointing out that he was English and the NHS was a significant part of the reason he was still around. 

18 minutes ago, Belatucadrus said:

I remember some years ago an anti Obamacare twit cited him as an example of the superiority of the American health care system, saying that if he'd had to rely on the NHS state system he'd have been put on a death list and would have been dead years ago. Hawking I think took a degree of pleasure in pointing out that he was English and the NHS was a significant part of the reason he was still around. 

Good for him.

He was a truly great man, both in the Quantum Physics and Mathematics and Astro Physicist field . I can't imagine how someone with a brain like his can still go on been trapped in a body like that it must be terrible. He obviously had the will to live and loved his work. He will be a great miss in the Science field and I think it will be a long long time before we ever see another like him. R.I.P. Stephen Hawkin. The world is a lot more knowledgable now that you have been in it.