Another scam

andsome

Another scam

I had an e mail this morning, supposed to come from Virgin. I phoned them and was told that my account had been paid up to date and the next payment was not due until the sixth of June, and that the e mail was a scam.

Hello e mail address deleted

The payment for your latest VirginMedia bill failed. It appears that some of the billing details associated with your account have expired.

Your service is pending disconnection on:

25 May 2018

To avoid interruption of service we strongly recommend that you log in and update your billing details.

Thank you for being a VirginMedia customer!

The VirginMedia Team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address. If you'd like to get in touch, you'll find all the details at virginmedia.com/contact instead.

Edited to remove active link

I had the same thing only the other day.

Knew it was scam. The cut off date was the following day.

And I had only the month before changed the DD bank details and it had worked ok.

VirginMedia should have caught this before it hit my PC; after all they ARE the ISP. Could do better.

This is what you see if you click on the scam link andsome posted :-

It would appear that Virgin were on the ball with this one.

(I used a spare laptop with a sandbox to check the link - I don't want my main computers infected)

Virgin Scam.JPG

I have had two emails similar to the above. I knew they were scams as I do not have a Virgin account, have never had a Virgin account and I doubt that I will ever have a Virgin account.

You would think these scammers would at least know where they are sending their rubbish.

Same with BT. I have had a few e-mails stating that as I do not have a Contract with them my Broadband will be terminated on (Dates specified) unless I got in touch with a certain Telephone number to make payment's. When I contacted BT they said not to worry (as if I would) and they had already taken the next three Month's Telephone Line rental in advance and a Contract was unnecessary. It stated on the quarterly Bill that they had already done this, that is how I knew it was a scam.