Open office is crap

Due to a a self inflicted clanger, I now have a new installation of Windows. My old office was so out of date the installer would not work. I could not succeed in downloading Alan Ho’s link to a cheap purchase, so downloaded Open office. Try as I may, after trying to save changes that I have made to web site address, as soon as I click on save and close, the changes that I have made revert to the original. I have tried ‘save’, ‘save all’. and ‘ save as’. What the hell use is this program? Can anyone help please?

andsome

This link worked for me OK - and one of my neighbours used it last week to successfully download Office 2016 pro for £38.50

You have to sign up to Uniq first and then gain access to the choice of downloads.

https://uniq.software/en/office/product/office-2016-professional-plus

If you want to use the free Open Office - the best one is Libre Office. The Apache version of Open Office is more clunky and falling behind

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

My problem is that the picture on my computer is now very pale since the reinstall. I have a Hanss G monitor, and it is extremely difficult to adjust, I managed it ages ago, but cannot remember how exactly. There is a row of silly little buttons in the bottom corner. I have left three messages on the phone asking for a call back, to no avail.

After reading your tale of woe  I would suggest you "Get a man in".

To "repair" a computer is much more difficult than building a new one from scratch.

If you have "a row of silly little buttons in the bottom corner" I would advise you to avoid playing with them....they might have a use.

Good luck!!!

andsome - is this appropriate.

HANNS G FRONT PANEL CONTROL

Power Button:

Press this button to switch ON/OFF monitor’s power.

Power Indicator:

Blue — Power On mode.

Orange — Power Saving mode.

MENU / RETURN:

1. Turn the OSD menu on/off or return to the previous menu.

2. Exit OSD menu when in volume OSD status.

Adjust ▲▼:

1. Adjust Brightness and volume when the OSD is off.

2. Navigate through adjustment icons when OSD is ON or adjust a function when function is activated.

i Button: Analog Input Models

1. The OSD menu is used asconfirmationfunction during start-up.

2. The Auto adjustment function works only for VGA input. (The auto adjustment function is used to optimize the horizontal position, vertical position,clock,and phase.)

i Button: Digital Input Models

1. Press i to enter Source selections. (Selections include VGA, HDMI, etc. The actual selections may very depending on the models. This function is only available in models with digital inputs)

2. The OSD menu is used asconfirmationfunction during start-up.

3. Press and hold this button more than 3 seconds will start Auto Adjust function when using VGA input only. (The auto adjustment function is used to optimize the horizontal position, vertical position,clock,and phase.)

Hotkeys:

1. Restore Brightness and Contrast defaults:

To reset both the Brightness and Contrast to their default values, press the and keys at the same time.

2. ASPECT RATIO:

PressMENU+【▼】key to change to FULLmode or FITmode.

3. Change Resolution:

For similar screen display resolutions (see table below), the screen resolution can be changed by pressing theMENU+button to achieve the optimal display quality.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:27 PM, andsome said:

My problem is that the picture on my computer is now very pale since the reinstall. I have a Hanss G monitor, and it is extremely difficult to adjust, I managed it ages ago, but cannot remember how exactly. There is a row of silly little buttons in the bottom corner. I have left three messages on the phone asking for a call back, to no avail.

Many thanks, but try as I might  cannot get the brightness down. You did post a few days ago before my reinstall of Windoews with s msn in a white shirt, could I trouble you to repeat this post please.

Keith

Have you tried this ?

Turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows
  1. Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
  2. Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
  3. To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.

5 hours ago, Boris said:

Keith

Have you tried this ?

Thanks, I will definitely give that a go tomorrow. The computer is off now. I have been on it all day restoring everything.

13 minutes ago, andsome said:

The text is very much improved thanks. However the picure on my desk top is still paler than it used to be. I wish the buttons on the box wolul work peoperlu.

I see what you mean :smile:

• 1 year later...