Bubba dun mayd a car spits fiyur from the muffler

Belatucadrus

With the amount of diesel and soot that it's dumped on the boot, not sure I'd want to eat the sausage in question, probably a bit oily to be very yummy.

It's a part of the American custom scene that I simply don't get, the injecting of diesel into the exhaust so that it either spits fire or clouds of black smoke. Something that in the UK would probably put you behind bars and the car on a fast trip to the crusher. As catgate often says " they aren't all locked up "

frankenrod8.jpg

What comes to my mind is our drive home, one year when we had spent a couple of weeks down in southern Germany.

We had a diesel Merc 190d automatic at the time.  ( A topping machine, which had been my company car, and  I had bought it from the company when it became due for replacement.)

We had stayed over night at a lovely comfortable Gastof, that we had used once or twice before, and set off the following morning and got onto the trunk road heading north.

We had been on the road, for may be a couple of hours, when a strange scrawling noise started emanating from the dashboard ventilator. The noise was suddenly joined by a rash of particles of dirty black plastic particles that had taken up this emanating game.

We proceeded to the next stopping place and spent an hour or so trying to gather together all the black plastic pieces and particles. The pieces were more amiable than the particles.

We were lucky in that the black plastic was quite quite dense/heavy and so the stuff did not do anything but just wait for collection when we got back to Catgate