Apple WWDC 2018

Gandalph

Hello Mac lovers everywhere.

Apple WWDC takes place tonight, 18:00 hrs GMT+1 (10:00 hrs PDT)

They will be announcing and reviewing the new iPhones. Expected to be called XC and/or XS.

Thy probably will be announcing the release of the new iOS 12 for iPhone and iPad. (That should get andsome exited)

They should also be announcing the release of macOS 14 Mojave which can be downloaded from the Apple Store straight after the WWDC has been wound up.

The whole of the WWDC should be available at this link. https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2018/?&muid=6aa0e492-0392-4148-8366-ccd512d5ce81&mtid=20925rc739929&aosid=p238&mnid=s1y3R7QTm-dc_mtid_20925rc739929_pcrid_294016475201_&cid=wwa-uk-kwgo-features--slid---+apple-b-productid-_

Enjoy.

16 minutes ago, Gandalph said:

Neither do I. I wouldn't pay that much for one. I have one but didn't pay anywhere near what they were asking for it. Shop around. 

Second hand ones are cheaper but still an extortionate price. I was looking in a shop in Lichfield out of curiosity a few days ago, and even second hand ones were several hundred pounds.

It's a case of Horses for courses pops. It all depends on what you want a phone today to do. Yes, for straight forward phone calls I wouldn't have an Apple iPhone. I would probably have something that just makes phone calls and that would be it.  

2 hours ago, Gandalph said:

It's a case of Horses for courses pops. It all depends on what you want a phone today to do. Yes, for straight forward phone calls I wouldn't have an Apple iPhone. I would probably have something that just makes phone calls and that would be it.  

What do you use yours for, apart from phone calls, texts, possibly e mail and an occasional photo?

You guys got me thinking what I use my Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 phone for.

Phone calls - only used away from home I much prefer our home phones

Texts

Checking my Virgin Media MS Outlook Emails - but I rarely create or reply to one using the phone - I use my computer

Weather forecast (provider being Weather Underground)

Occasional photos

Web browsing away from home when I need info quickly

Local A2B Taxi app for booking a taxi

Google and Here maps. Sometimes plus Google Earth

Outlook calendar appointments synced to my computer

Alarm clock away from home

Calculator

Home CCTV monitoring when away from home

West Midlands bus timetable (also tells me the time the next few buses are due at favourite stops)

You will notice the absence of Facebook, Whats App, Facetime, Twitter, or any other lunatic social media site.

It's also the hand-off andsome. I can hand the phone off to the Computer and vice-versa, it's handy for when you are out and about. I can update the phone files from the computer or update the computer from the phone. I don't know whether you can do that with an Android phone as I have never gone into that side of thing's. It's also capable  of a lot more than that but there's no point in going into all of that. The New iPhone as you mentioned is $1099 for the 256 MB, $999 for the 125 MB and $799 for the 64 MB (or somewhere around there). Depending on what you need it's all worth it.  

22 hours ago, Gandalph said:

What do you use yours for, apart from phone calls, texts, possibly e mail and an occasional photo?

i only update the phone on wi fi because that does not use any chargeable data. I can if I desire synchronise phone, I pad and computer, but prefer to keeps them separate 

I use my mobile phone for making and receiving calls, nothing else. I don't have a clue how to send a text message. Email is done via a computer and I'm not even aware that the phone has a camera (don't expect so for £15).

Perhaps my lack of mobility is a reason I don't have, nor am I interested in, these peripherals.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...