1 Mb Broadband

-pops-

I have just taken the plunge and booked to upgrade my 512Kbps BT BB to 1Mbps.

Have I done the right thing? If you have the faster system, are you happy with it? If you're not, in what way?

I would appreciate your comments.

Well I don't have 1Mbps connection Just to be clear

Now from the point of webpages ye shall see no difference with the loading of pages. Uless they are heavy on images/flash.

Downloading files ye shall notice a difference.

It will always depend upon the server as to how your 1Mbps becomes effective.

Is upload still @ 256K?

Andy - my current BB is 576 according to the meter (as your illustration) It should be faster with the new one. BTW don't trust that meter - mine always reads the same you can get a real reading from http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

Hurdy - the only game I've ever played on a computer is Solitaire - and that doesn't even need the 'net :D

Tankus - £40 currently paying £30 (ish).

Powerless - I do a lot of file and pdf (and pdf type) downloads - that's where I hope to see the difference. Don't know what the upload is.

Thanks everyone. I'm sitting waiting for BT now :)

I just read your capped @ 1GB/day

Where did you read this?

I asked about this when I ordered the changeover and was told there was no capping.

The BT blurb says

No More Waiting Fast and 'always on' means no waiting to 'log on'

Unlimited Surfing No time restrictions - stay online for as long as you like

I know that doesn't say there is no capping but it doesn't suggest that there is.

Thanks.

My son, who I've just found out has the 1Mb service (why didn't he tell me????), says there isn't a cap as such but if you regularly download in excess of 1GB , BT don't guarantee the extra will be available and will recommend a different service.

Off to London later to have a play around with his setup :)

its a disgrace there should be no cap

to right i pay £38 a month from now on mine was switched on the early hours of yesterday morning between then an now iv already dl bout 4 an half gig :D an it took them a week to do it,plus if they do start caping i don't think many people will bother with it,i know i won't

its a disgrace there should be no cap

to right i pay £38 a month from now on mine was switched on the early hours of yesterday morning between then an now iv already dl bout 4 an half gig :D an it took them a week to do it,plus if they do start caping i don't think many people will bother with it,i know i won't

What do you download?