More RAM!!

Guest Rebel=UK=

im hopeing to get my extra 512 stick 2morrow , and im sure ill see a preformance incease on BF, if you ever look @ your peak mem usage after playing mine is always 710mb's i only have 512 @ the moment so thats y i see jerks in the game, as its having to dip into the Hardrive.

I really would not buy a hard disc from PC World. You can buy exactly the same drives online from people like ebuyer or komplett for 1/2 the price.

As an example, komplett will sell you a 120gb western digital 8mb cache for about £65.00. I think this drive is nearly £160.00 in pc world.

Mr. M.

To be honest Andy, buying a drive is really a matter of personal choice. Different people will tell you different things.

As far as I am concerned, the Western Digital drives that PC World stock are very reliable. You will need to consider the size of the drive you can afford as well as the speed of the drive. You may also wish to consider the size of the cache the drive has on board. These will all reflect on the performance.

In reality, you will need to see what they actually have in stock.

Mr. M.

Guest Rebel=UK=

youll hardly notice any preformance increase whichever the cache size. id go for a 20gig one for backing up can get them for around 38£.... Maxtor r very good aswell

Rebel, with all due respect, 20 gig drives are now vary rare. As you can see from This Link , there are at least 3 40 gig 7200 rev drives for the price you mention. And for about another £20.00 you can get a 120 gig one.

You could then partition the drive and use one for backups and the other(s) for trying different os's.

Mr. M.

Guest Rebel=UK=

ill explain what? anyhow ive decided against a 512 stick because the funds just dont streach that far now (ive spent it @ pub).....so im getting 256mb so that will take me to 768mb's DDR pc2100. ive asked about and think this is good enough to stop the jerks on bf as its goes to HDD. People ive asked said that they have only ever @ tops used 720 mbs while plaing BF and farcry demo (and farcry demo is not tweaked, so full game should take less..i hope).