May I Recommend

Andy-2004

I've been using Opera for a long time. Also Netscape and Firefox. Avant browser and Crazy browser are also installed in one of my machines.

Yes, Opera is a good program although it did fall by the wayside somewhat in some recent editions by using extremely complex and unusual ways of obtaining alternative texts.

On the whole, though, I prefer Firefox.

I'm an old stick in the mud. IE does everything that I need it too so I see no reason to clutter the hard drive. Tell me what advantages I would get by going to the trouble of learning to replace something which does exactly what I want. Convince me.

There isn't really much learning is there? It's easy to use, and it's much more secure than IE.

Download and install it, if you son't like it get rid of it. Simple as that :)

I obey up to a point. It is downloaded andnow residing in My Download folder. I cannot do any more for an hour or two. If I go ahead and install it.

1/ Will it automatically take over from IE and Outlook express, or do I have to configure something?

2/ What happens to e-mails and storage folders etc in Outlook express?

3/ What do I do if anything about my Mailwasher program?

I am feeling rather timid about mucking things up.

There isn't really much learning is there? It's easy to use, and it's much more secure than IE.

Download and install it, if you son't like it get rid of it. Simple as that :)

I obey up to a point. It is downloaded andnow residing in My Download folder. I cannot do any more for an hour or two. If I go ahead and install it.

1/ Will it automatically take over from IE and Outlook express, or do I have to configure something?

2/ What happens to e-mails and storage folders etc in Outlook express?

3/ What do I do if anything about my Mailwasher program?

I am feeling rather timid about mucking things up.

1/ You will be asked if you want Opera[?] to be the default browser, you can choose YES or NO.

2/ Nothing.

3/ Nothing.

Hope you downlaoded Opera :rolleyes:

Guest ellas
If it aint broke - don't fix it.

I'm surprised at you andsome - you must have a touch of the Harry Potters and got spellbound.

yeah I'm surprised also,I try a lot of software but if I like something I stick with it,I/E has never caused me problems and I like it so I will stick with it.

If it aint broke - don't fix it.

I'm surprised at you andsome - you must have a touch of the Harry Potters and got spellbound.

So many forum members seemed so keen on Opera that I did have a fit of the Harry Potters as you put it. I will stick with what I know and understand in future. I really could see no benefits in it, and it was cluttered down the left hand side.

Downloaded and installed. I cannot get it to handle e-mail. I set it up with my correct e-mail address as with NTL.

I just uninstalled it. I will stick with IE

Now thats what i call perseverance. 18 minutes between posts.

I could see no advantage in learning over again. IE has never given any bother.

Ive been using it sine someone (bluecow maby??)

Yeah I posted, strangely enough i've gone back to I.E. withMYIE2 add on + google bar +roboform. More at home with IE plus I get the tabbed browsing and the advantage of opening groups (all the forums I belong to)plus loads of other goodies with MYIE. All my forum passwords are in roboform and I can launch music players in the browser or other programs. QCD Player underneath windows messenger button. Yes you can have Winamp.

Here's a pic of how it looks. The spray paint covers my IP address if your wondering :lol:

post-42-1086542956.jpg

Ive been using it sine someone (bluecow maby??)

Yeah I posted, strangely enough i've gone back to I.E. withMYIE2 add on + google bar +roboform. More at home with IE plus I get the tabbed browsing and the advantage of opening groups (all the forums I belong to)plus loads of other goodies with MYIE. All my forum passwords are in roboform and I can launch music players in the browser or other programs. QCD Player underneath windows messenger button. Yes you can have Winamp.

Here's a pic of how it looks. The spray paint covers my IP address if your wondering :lol:

He dominates the frontpage :rolleyes: