The Windows XP Service Pack 2 Topic

Chris

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BACK AGAIN

Easy peasy. Thanks all for the tips. The black screens are a little scary. The reboot takes about as long as the installation. I have noticed the little red security shield at the bottom of the screen. All very painless. Time for breakfast now.

CC. I clicked on Norton update, and it said that ALL updates are already installed.

BACK AGAIN

Easy peasy.  Thanks all for the tips.  The black screens are a little scary.  The reboot takes about as long as the installation.  I have noticed the little red security shield at the bottom of the screen.  All very painless.  Time for breakfast now.

CC. I clicked on Norton update, and it said that ALL updates are already installed.

Well done :)

The symantec update is WMI...Windows Monitoring Interface [i think it's called].

I also thinks it's not available to 2003 symantec software only to 2004.

Don't worry all you missing out on is the Security centre not being able to tell you the status of NAV, only that it is installed.

I've turned off the SP2 pop up blocker and turned Google Bar pop up blocker back on. I prefer it.

I must admit I think the SP2 blocker is quite good. It blocks things that the google toolbar doesn't. Just a shame I don't use IE very often :(

I just got fed up with the annoying window that came up each time a pop up was blocked.

By the way, I don't know if it's my imagination, but the computer appears to be running better than ever since SP2 was installed. Has anyone else got this impression?

http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdo...47e24208bde.exe

You don't need to download the full network executable with this. The installer is 1.6MB [1.6MB] and will scan your computer to see what you need to have to be updated the SP2. What you don't need will not be downloaded. So the amount of MB will vary as well as download times.

By the way, I don't know if it's my imagination, but the computer appears to be running better than ever since SP2 was installed.  Has anyone else got this impression?

Startup seems slower but performance does appear improved.

Slow startup doesn't bother me as I normally switch on in the morning, go and make a cuppa and everything is ready by the time I get back.

BTW, I've just got back from installing SP2 on 15 of my son's studio computers. All went without a hitch.