It's the first Friday night of the New Year

doug

I'm retired but I wonder what people, who have had to go back work after ths hol are thinking and doing. Regret having gone back? Glad to get back to normality or what? :rolleyes: ;)

well i'm not looking forward to going back to work to face daily grind even if it is a new year i dont think work will be!! it will be the same as always

post-1-1041633735_thumb.gif

Popeye,

30th year in the same job and praying for a redundancy that will no doubt never come :unsure:

Back to work today after feeling 20yrs younger after the Christmas break.

Pipe and slippers are at the ready, might get some golfing in then :D

I had to stop working in October 2000 after my wife became disabled in December 1999 and believe me I miss work something terrible. I'm only fiftyfive and have worked as an Engineer all my day's. Don't look forward to early retirement, beleive me you will soon get fed up with sitting around. Thank God for Computers, at least they keep your mind active. :unsure:

Hi Gandalph, sorry to completely disagree with a fellow PCA reader, but as far as I am concerned you can STUFF work. I am truly sorry to hear about your wife, but I am so pleased to be retired it is unbelievable. My boss caused me to have a nervous breakdown when I was 63, and after a few months off sick I finally retired. I have digital photography, my computer, indoor bowls in the winter, outdoor bowls in the summer, walks, visits to National Trust properties, the cutest little seven year old granddaughter, cooking, etc etc to keep me occupied. Every day when I wake up it is such a relief to think that that ba***** will not upset me again. There is so much to do that I don't have enough time. All the best to you anyway.

jump.gif

Guest Cookie

Not retired you but toying with the idea. I hope to get out at 62.

Working as a train guard I get more than my fair share of 'aggro'. Miss work? Not likely. We have two young border collies and believe me they will keep us active for another 10 or 12 years.

Like Andsome I too do a lot of digital photography, love visitng pastures old and new. Emmm, maybe I'll go in Monday and tell them to stuff it. :P

I'm only 19 so it's a while before I think about retiring ;)

I'm kinda glad to get back to work after Xmas so that my life returns to some sort of normalcy! I have a good and easy job to do, some of the time I forget that I'm working.

Besides, you know what they say: If you enjoy what you do you'll never work a day in your life. Sadly I don't think lazing around all day at home like I did when I was at college counts as an occupation <_>

Guest Cookie

Mmmbisto 19, Craig 20. Oi, what are you two up to. I've paid in all my life to the Government pension, where my money was used to pay towards the retirement pensions of those before me, and when it's nearly my turn you two pull the plug. :angry: :P

PS For Djohn, just saw the other thread. Yes it is me ex Cook2. Or have I already said that elsewhere?

Guest Min_Man

As a new member here,would like to say hi to all ( I didnt say hi elsewhere,very rude of me)

I was referred to this site by Northamuk who I have known online for over 2 years now so I knew that when he says summat is good,it is good :)

From what I have seen so far with the posts,I will be a regular here................I need all the help I can get !!!! LOL

see yas about

:ph34r:

I took early retirement, 57 yrs old in 1991, have enjoyed every minute of life ever since. I was given valuable advice then which has proved very true, "It's better to do some things slowly than try to do everything fast".

I'm also pleased these 'holidays' are over, the grandkids back to school, workers back, I can now have a day out and know I can reach my destination in far less time.