Let the countdown begin.........

deuces wild

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry andsome but when you come out making an untrue accusation (that the US is one of the dirtiest nations in the world as regards pollution) I will come out looking like a homie and defend my home country, especially when the slop seems as deep, if not a bit deeper, in your back yard.

;)

I gave evidence earlier.

What country is the largest source of global warming pollution?

The United States. Though Americans make up just 4 percent of the world's population, we produce 25 percent of the carbon dioxide pollution from fossil-fuel burning -- by far the largest share of any country. In fact, the United States emits more carbon dioxide than China, India and Japan, combined. Clearly America ought to take a leadership role in solving the problem. And as the world's top developer of new technologies, we are well positioned to do so -- we already have the know-how

Nonetheless, the Bush administration and its congressional allies have led a systematic effort to undermine the country’s keystone environmental and public health protections, as well as the protection of national parks and public lands. Clearly, the interests of industry take a far higher priority within national leadership than do the rights of the American people to a healthy environment -- which raises the question of whether we can afford to subject the protection of our communities and our planet to the whims of politics. While these anti-environmental efforts are unprecedented in their scope, I will focus on just three issues: the administration’s assault on the Clean Air Act, its relaxed enforcement of environmental laws, and its de-funding and slowdown of toxic waste cleanups.

Emily Holley, Student Participant Newton High School, IowaAgua y Precio de Progres(Water and the Price of Progress) The United States of America is the wealthiest and most well-developed country in the history of the world. Those of us who are fortunate enough to call the United States home do not realize that we are also one of the most wasteful countries on the planet. If the rest of the world lived as we do, it would take at least two more planets to hold us and our waste.