Let the countdown begin.........

deuces wild

...........on when Iran will become nothing but a sheet of glass.

(CNN) -- U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan has expressed "dismay" over the Iranian president's comments urging the destruction of Israel.

Annan, in a statement issued Thursday, reminded "all member states that Israel is a long-standing member of the United Nations with the same rights and obligations as every other member."

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday lambasted Israel and Zionism and quoted the late Ayatollah Khomeini calling for Israel to be "wiped out from the map."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/10/27/...tion/index.html

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just hope that for ONCE in it's existence the UN does something other than mealy mouthed condemnations, BEFORE these idiots get nuclear weapons. They need completely isolating for a start, with NO trade allowed with the outside world. Starve them out!

You know that doesn't work.

We have to start somewhere. They need isolating completely from the rest of the world, together with ANY country that breaks that isolation. We cannot charge straight in with guns blazing, although unfortunately it may well come to that. These people are not normal in any way at all. They are religious zealots, whose mission is to kill those who do not have the same beliefs. They MUST NOT be allowed to get nuclear arms, no matter what the cost.

I find it impossible to believe that anyone, even those as mentally deficient as out "world leaders" ( of whatever persuasion), could seriously contemplate tossing neuclear weapons about, let alone actually do it.

It would be a self destructive act of folly.

Come to think of it, virtually every thing they do fits that description. Please ignore previous paragraph.

They are religious zealots, whose mission is to kill those who do not have the same beliefs.

This can be applied to the religious right in America.

All these idiots, Islamic or Christian think they have "GOD"on their side.

VERY TRUE

They are religious zealots, whose mission is to kill those who do not have the same beliefs.

VERY TRUE

And of course there are no religious zealots in the UK, eh? :rolleyes:

Loads of them, but I don't think that they are as fanatical as those in the bible belt in the USA. We have seen on TV some of the prayer meetings, all run by billionaires, and people phoning in with pledges that they can ill afford, because they honestly believe that it will buy them a place in heaven. We don't see that over here thank goodness.

I suspect that the thrust of this is that ALL religious zealots have much to answer for, whether they are in the UK, Middle East, Far East, USA or anyware.

Thos. :)

Too true they have. It isn't just Muslims against Jews and Christians etc. It is one type of Muslim against another, one type of Christian against another, etc etc. Why the hell can't folk the world over just stop trying to rule other peoples lives? Just look at the mess in Northern Ireland, all done in the name of religion. Look at the mess in Iraq.

I suspect that the thrust of this is that ALL religious zealots have much to answer for, whether they are in the UK, Middle East, Far East, USA or anyware.

Thos. :)

Too true they have. It isn't just Muslims against Jews and Christians etc. It is one type of Muslim against another, one type of Christian against another, etc etc. Why the hell can't folk the world over just stop trying to rule other peoples lives?

A problem as old as mankind..........it will never change.

I've always wondered if it was all just a variation of "Mine is Bigger than Yours" i.e. "My God is Better than Your God!"

This probably sums it up to a point, but is possibly a little simplistic. Protestants, Catholics, Orthodox, as well as all the Baptist type churches etc etc all claim to be Christians, and worship the same God. However, they believe so passionately that theirs is the only way to worship their God, to the extent that they will kill those who do it differently. Muslim factions are just the same. I have never seen the need to have special hats and men in frocks etc to make you good. Your God is within you personally, or not as the case may be. I have far more respect for an agnostic who never does anyone any harm, and is always willing to help another, than I do for the pious self righteous so called Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu or whatever who think that they and their beliefs should be the ruling factor in this world. Live and let live. Rant over.

VERY TRUE

And of course there are no religious zealots in the UK, eh? :rolleyes:

I don't think we have many of these in the UK, just plain idiots. That's just the people in charge.

PS. forgot also the people that voted for them, about half the population.

Still comes down to the same thing, in this case it's my way of worshiping is better than yours. The competetive element, I can run further or faster than you. My team scores more goals, etc. Which ever way you look at it it boils down to the same basic thing.

Still comes down to the same thing, in this case it's my way of worshiping is better than yours. The competetive element, I can run further or faster than you. My team scores more goals, etc. Which ever way you look at it it boils down to the same basic thing.

We all know that you can run faster and CERTAINLY further than the rest of us. :D :D

And of course there are no religious zealots in the UK, eh?

I would think that there are more religious nutters in the USA than anywhere else.

You have all got "God on your side"

Dubya reckons that he has. They talk to each other.

Andsome, didn't mean it that way "We all know that you can run faster and CERTAINLY further than the rest of us." I'm sure there's a few younger saplings on here that could knock spots off me. I think I was trying to imply that there is an inherent competitive spirit in all of us but human nature being what it is there is the temptation to give an inch and take a mile. Things always get taken to extremes. Not us British, of course.

It all to do with the struggle for power and the riches that power brings with it. There are two kinds of power seekers. Those who are physical bullies and those who are mental bullies. The physical bullies are the Kings, Emperors, Politicians etc and the mental bullies are those who call themselves Archbishops, Popes, Ayatollas etc. who dream up gods and devils and reinterpret their teachings just as often as the politicians change their policies. Over the millenia these two groups have quite often found that it is in their mutual interest to work in concert, so that the clerics keep the population meek, humble and charitable for the benefit of the kings and politicians, whilst the politicians give endless support and credence to the clerics. It is a very cosy situation for the power seekers/holders and a case of mass hypnosis for the populations of the world.