IE7 Beta Preview

nellie2

New Interface

Say goodbye to bulky toolbars. Internet Explorer 7 has a new interface that shows more of each webpage you visit. The streamlined toolbar makes it easier to add websites to your Favorites, search the web, clear your history, and access the other tasks and tools you use most.

Tabbed Browsing

Whether you're searching the web, comparing prices, or just staying on top of your favorite topic, Internet Explorer 7 lets you view many different websites at one time — all within one organized window.

Search

Internet Explorer 7 brings your favorite web search providers to you. With the built-in search box, you can search the web at any time without having to open a search provider page. You can display search results in a separate tab, and then open the results in other tabs to quickly compare sites and find the information you want. You can even customize your search by setting your favorite search provider as the default.

RSS Feeds

Don't waste time checking many different sites and blogs for updates. Just select the sites or topics you care about and Internet Explorer 7 delivers all the new headlines and updates to your Favorites Center.

Security

Internet Explorer 7 helps keep your information safe by alerting you to potential phishing sites — sites that look legitimate but actually are designed to capture your personal information. It's also easier to see which sites provide secure data exchange, so you can shop and bank online with confidence.

Source and download links

I have used the new version for several days now and am beginning to like it.

However it lacks one feature from IE6 that I miss. In IE6 when you click on a link the "Windows Flag" in the top right corner waves in the breeze to let you know it has accepted the request and is actioning it. The new version has no visible signal that it is acting on a request - it just sits there looking stupid until it suddenly loads the new page.

Or am I missing something ?

Having said I liked it - I have had to revert to IE6 again because two banking sites I use do not support the new version and I am unable to access my accounts.

By the way - I could not find a way of deleting IE7 - it cannot be done via the control panel remove programs. I did it by restoring my computer back to a date before I downloaded IE7.