B'liars drubbing

Yes, the Labour Party got their expected drubbing and local councils have suffered because of the sleaze of the peerage donations, the incompetance of the Home Secretary and the ridicule attached to John Prescott.

Those of us who believe in the general thrust of the left-wing agenda had better hope that the Labour Party has enough spirit to fight back. After all, it is only one year since they were elected with a big majority.

Apart from the state of the major parties, doesn't anyone feel concerned about the rise in popularity of the minor parties? ( BNP and Respect).

Thos.

Apart from the state of the major parties, doesn't anyone feel concerned about the rise in popularity of the minor parties? ( BNP and Respect).

Thos.

Unfortunately it was to be expected. I suppose that many people cannot expect worse than has been dished out by the establishment.

I have NOTHING at all against people from different countries, but unfortunately we have become a dumping ground for the world. I appreciate the fact that some have had to flee their countries due to persecution, and of course we must offer asylum in these cases, AS LONG AS THEY BEHAVE. However, convicted criminals should be returned to where they came from immediately, even if they face persecution when they get there. That becomes their problem if they do not respect our laws and our hospitality. Also we cannot become a dumping ground for economic migrants who are not prepared to learn our language, obey our laws, respect our culture and what is most important, EARN THEIR LIVING. We are far too small an island to take everyone who wants to take advantage of our welfare system. Far too often decent families who have made their home here, got jobs and a home, and been decent hard working citizens, have been deported on technicalities, even after living here for several years, whilst preachers of hatred against us, criminals and terrorists have been allowed to stay. It is against this background that the far right have made advances, and they will continue to do so until we wake up.

Unfortunately it was to be expected. I suppose that many people cannot expect worse than has been dished out by the establishment.

I have NOTHING at all against people from different countries, but unfortunately we have become a dumping ground for the world. I appreciate the fact that some have had to flee their countries due to persecution, and of course we must offer asylum in these cases, AS LONG AS THEY BEHAVE. However, convicted criminals should be returned to where they came from immediately, even if they face persecution when they get there. That becomes their problem if they do not respect our laws and our hospitality. Also we cannot become a dumping ground for economic migrants who are not prepared to learn our language, obey our laws, respect our culture and what is most important, EARN THEIR LIVING. We are far too small an island to take everyone who wants to take advantage of our welfare system. Far too often decent families who have made their home here, got jobs and a home, and been decent hard working citizens, have been deported on technicalities, even after living here for several years, whilst preachers of hatred against us, criminals and terrorists have been allowed to stay. It is against this background that the far right have made advances, and they will continue to do so until we wake up.

I agree entirely andsome - and very well put.

Thos.

I, too, do not disagree with that. But the far right go much further and preach repatriation and, lets face it, repatriation on the basis of colour. Their leaflets may not say as much but at their meetings you will hear the generation of hatred.

Thos.

I, too, do not disagree with that. But the far right go much further and preach repatriation and, lets face it, repatriation on the basis of colour. Their leaflets may not say as much but at their meetings you will hear the generation of hatred.

Thos.

I agree with what you say, but the reasons that the far right are making these advances is due in no small part to the mess that Charlie has got the Home Office into.

I agree with what you say, but the reasons that the far right are making these advances is due in no small part to the mess that Charlie has got the Home Office into.

Yes he has.

When the story first broke, I felt it was not a resigning matter because the people concerned had served their sentences in full and the matter of deportation was a c**k-up between immigration and the probation service. As the story developed, it was clear that their was much more to it and Charles Clarke must have had personal knowledge of what was going wrong and could or would not be open with Parliament.

Thos.

Yes he has.

When the story first broke, I felt it was not a resigning matter because the people concerned had served their sentences in full and the matter of deportation was a c**k-up between immigration and the probation service. As the story developed, it was clear that their was much more to it and Charles Clarke must have had personal knowledge of what was going wrong and could or would not be open with Parliament.

Thos.

He also delayed telling B'liar.

Yes, the Labour Party got their expected drubbing and local councils

what has Blair got to do with the labour party ....?

Whats running this government and the grass roots labour party funders ..are two increasingly divergent seperate entities ................

goaded by his grasping trollop ...there is only one agenda on Blair's mind .....................

........................his own personal gratification ..and aggrandisement .................€€€€€

..................... I think he would like to be Bellesconi when he grows up ...! ..

At the end of the day Blair was elected with a majority and untill the next election there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I did not vote Labour at the last election and probably never will in the future, but all the parties are out to get there snouts in the trough and look after themselves.

As far as the sleaze and incompetence are concerned, surely all the parties have skeletons in the cupboard just waiting for some journalist to dig them out.

It is a sad state of affairs that goverments now are only there to line there own pockets insted of looking after the people who elected them.

surely all the parties have skeletons in the cupboard just waiting for some journalist to dig them out.

It is a sad state of affairs that goverments now are only there to line there own pockets insted of looking after the people who elected them.

Be assured the journalists have dug them out already - they're just waiting for either:

1. an editor brave enough to to publish.

2. a revelation by a second (or third) party.

3. the smallest hint of ANY misdemeanour of ANY politician (or celebrity or royal) and the scandal floodgates will be rent asunder.

Look at the innumerable exposures already made, not only this year but during the last year and the year before that and the year before and - - - - - -

I would still like to know about the legality of this government and its legislation if it is proved that they won their "majority" to govern with the aid of illegally obtained funds, thus making the party a criminal organisation. Yes I know the opposition are in the same boat to an extent, but they have not forced through fatuous illconceived oppressive legislation, nor given away and squandered £billions of taxes.

if it is proved that they won their "majority" to govern with the aid of illegally obtained funds,

That hasn't been proved and the possibility of it being proved is remote, even though you may believe that it was so.

Thos.

if it is proved that they won their "majority" to govern with the aid of illegally obtained funds,

That hasn't been proved and the possibility of it being proved is remote, even though you may believe that it was so.

Thos.

I did say "If", because I am sure that, with all the expertise in legal subterfuge available, much work will have been done.

On another facet of the current debacle I have just realised why the Straw/Beckett switch was necessary. It is the Iran problem. The prospect of sitting across the negotiating table from MB is enough to make anyone capitulate, instead of laugh. Although it must be conceded that the British farmers are not laughing...poor sods.

Yet another mess from the government. Many farmers are now in financial trouble waiting for their last payments, and have already been sent the forms to claim next years payments. Here

The main minister responsible HAS been sacked. (Lord Bach)

Thos.