SUPERAntispyware

andsome

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it on all three of my machines and my son has installed it on most of his business machines with no problems whatever. I consider the program a great help in the fight against malware.

The remark I made above about it changing file associations was, I found out later, due to installing Nero 7 and not anything to do with WMP11 or this software.

I did, as always, make a backup before installing - just in case. :)

Tried it again. It ran 1 hour 35 minutes. :blink::huh: Nothing.....nada...........not a trace of anything found. :lol:

What is the big deal about this program? :flowers:

It won't find anything if there is nothing to find. Why not use it for a few days, it won't cost you anything? The scan time will vary with what you have on your computer and what speed your computer runs at. It scan drives C and D on mine in less than thirty minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I wanted to try this new one, as i have given up with Adaware and spybot, i just use Ewido.

I ran a full scan with Ewido, and it found 52 things mostly cookie related with Firefox, so i told it to get rid of every thing, then i ran it again, this time it found nothing.

Then i installed SUPERAntispyware, and ran it. It found another 13 items, again mostly cookie related.

It has had no ill effects on my system (i have had it a week now), so i will be sticking with it.

Thanks for the link

Tony

All in all I am extremely pleased with this program, and heartily recommend it.

I will certainly be keeping it.

I think that this is one of the best programs of its kind. I like it.

I am very pleased with suprAntispy.

I too am VERY pleased with it.

I am running the free version, and am VERY pleased with it

I can't recommend it highly enough.

So tell us andsome, do you like the program? :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

YES

It has just been sitting there, doing nothing. I would have to run manual scans, which is not what other antispyware programs do.

• Spyware Search & Destroy has a resident guard (but doesn't update automatically).
  • Ewido runs scheduled scans, has an active guard, and updates in regular intervals.
  • Windows Defender runs scheduled scans, has an active guard, updateds automatically, and makes occasional interesting noises. :D

I have to admit that I don't really like automatic scans, I prefer to choose as and when I scan. I ran A Squared this morning followed by SUPERAntispyware, and it found five tracking cookies that A Squared missed. I wouldn't be without it now. I have dumped Spybot S & D and Adaware.

Oh, before I forget. YES DW I do like SUPERAntispyware. :D :D :D

I don't especially favor manual scans since they take almost an hour each. I like scheduled scans, scheduled for a time when I'm far away from the computer.

I do not need antispyware to look for tracking cookies, as they are deleted by CCleaner. Antispyware must be able to {a} prevent malware from being installed. I know that Spybot S&D and Ewido can do that. {b} it must be able to effectively remove spyware that is found on a computer. (Which should not be any of my protected computers).

I will visit a friend's computer tonight, which is almost one week old, and already severely infected. I will give SuperAntispyware a try on that computer. I'll report back here...

:rofl::vibrate::clapping::rofl:

I have uninstalled it - it does nothing.

I'm thinkin' about it , Just don't need it - - I've got others that do the same thing anyhow.. ;)

Oh, before I forget. YES DW I do like SUPERAntispyware.

:yahoo::dance:

• 10 months later...

New version is out:

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition 3.7.1018

Publisher's Description:

SUPERAntiSpyware is the most thorough scanner on the market. Our Multi-Dimensional Scanning and Process Interrogation Technology will detect spyware other products miss. Easily remove pests such as WinFixer, SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, and thousands more. Repair broken Internet Connections, Desktops, Registry Editing and more with our unique Repair System. Dedicated Threat Research Team scours the web for new threats and provides daily definition updates.

Latest Changes:

* Resolved issue on Windows Vista where registration would be required over and over

* Last definition update time/date is displayed on the main screen

* First Chance Prevention now allows individual settings for startup/shutdown/services scanning (Professional Version Only)

* First Chance Prevention will now notify you when items are/were detected and removed on startup/shutdown

* Resolved 12/24 hour time issue with scheduled scanning - it should now default to the time display set in the Control Panel

* Note that First Chance Prevention is not available on Windows Vista currently and will be available shortly

* Enhanced Windows Vista Scanning

* Additional repairs for Windows Vista

* Improved detection of packed/compressed threats

* Resolved issue where a zero byte file could be created on desktop under rare circumstances

* Enhanced detection and removal of in-memory threats

* Improved kernel direct scanning. This allows us to see more items even if they try and hide with kernel drivers

I downloaded this program.

I ran scans with SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, A squared and Ewido. Only Ad-aware found anything (a couple of minor items which I let it delete.)

I then scanned with SUPERSpyware. It found four items in the registry and twenty one items in files, including a trojan. I let it clean them and ran the scan again. It gave me then the all clear.

I'm impressed! :)

@ pops and every one else where SUPERantispyware found threats, while other programs didnt:

are those other "threats" really threats? > try having a good look at them and see if they are really "threats".

just to clear up some things:

The free version does scan as strong as the pro version?

and another thing i want to know:

does it have realtime scanning? if so: does it slow down your computer or internet speed/performance?

There is NO reason whatsoever for a free program to bring up false positives. This only happens when a company offers a free scan then wants you to buy the program to clean up these false positives..

Coreper. The post of mine you are quoting is almost one year old so I can't say now whether the threats were real or not now. I do know that there was a trojan amongst the things that were found and I do know that was real because I checked up on what it was.

Since that time I have used SAS regularly to keep my computers clean - I do use other programs as well but, I am not obsessive about it. One program gets used at the beginning of the week, another at the end. I will do other scans as and when necessary if I think there is something suspicious.

ok, good to know

i have tried SAS before, but it always kept crashing during the update: it started updating and then nothing... the program doesnt do anything anymore...

Try deleting the old version and installing this new one. I've not previously heard of SAS causing problems like you are seeing. If it persists, contact the makers of SAS - they (as all software makers) would always be interested in knowing if their program causes problems.